- advertisement -

Stupid people

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lisamustac, May 25, 2011.

1. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

Lol you are right! Even if it was the cure my maniac couldn't sit for longer then 30 seconds.

2. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

I was just reading this post and I had to say how funny it is:D I'm sitting here laughing my head off. Poor Ashleigh she can't self heal as she was born in 1999.

Chris mom to:
    Ashleigh-12 Type 1 diabetic pumping animas ping.
    Madisyn (10)
    Emely (8)
    Catie (18 months)

3. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

lol lol :)

4. mommabear

Wow, this is a new one...lol....that lady is crazy:rolleyes:

5. zapsmom

zapsmom Approved members

Oh drats, my birthday girl can't self heal herself...she was born in 2004! Poor Zoee! I guess I better get start on my youngest who was born in 2006. I needed a good laugh today!

6. mommabear

lol...lol...:):)

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

maybe she meant through MEDICATION, not MEDITATION....yeah, that's it..through medication..but only after 2005...that's the cut off..anyone born before 2005..forget it..the medication is in limited supply maybe..oh wait! maybe it wasnt MEDICATION..maybe it was VACATION..yeah, that's it...you go on vacation..oh wait, anyone born after 2005 is too young to go on vacation by themselves....maybe it is meditation..i will have to think about it..:cool: I think you should ask her more about it..she may be eligible for the nobel prize in medicine.. :p:D:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. GenTink

GenTink Approved members

My maternal grandmother has done this sort of thing. Told my Mom she thought maybe I wasn't really Diabetic. I though my mom would hit her.

We studied a case in my high-school law class about parents who believed in natural healing and took their daughter off insulin thinking she'd been 'healed'. The little girl died and over half my class thought it was an honest mistake on the parents part. :mad:

9. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

I agree, do those have a carb count???

10. caspi

caspi Approved members

Exactly. Maybe it's just because we've been at this for almost 5 years now, but I've learned to turn a deaf ear to claims of cures by well intentioned people. And depending on my mood, I might try to educate them, but most of the time now I just nod and change the subject. :rolleyes:

11. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Too bad DS was born after 2005!!!!

12. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Wow. I guess you if you are in the mood someday you could ask what exactly is so magical about 2005 and self healing.

You are right, thank goodness she does not have a child with a chronic condition.

13. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

well Isaac was born in 2008...guess we're in luck folks, except well I don't know how to meditate properly for that one - when you know let me in on the magic words ;)

14. swellman

swellman Approved members

"Can I get a prescription for Novolog, please?"

15. beck95

beck95 Approved members

16. beck95

beck95 Approved members

17. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

A lot of people say things that indicate they misinterpreted something in the news or perhaps interpreted correctly something that was wrong in the new. They don't really make things up.

But this person sounds mentally ill. I very much doubt she got this idea directly from another person; I would guess she is psychotic. She is not stupid, she is just engaging in creative wishful thinking, without an awareness of what she is doing. That is what is wrong with her.

18. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Oh, you mean she is related to Harold Camping :D :D

19. rericsimpson

rericsimpson Approved members

Hi. This is my first post. A woman yesterday asked my wife (regarding our 1 year old, T1): "Does she have that because you ate too much sugar when you were pregnant?"

20. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Welcome. Sorry that you have to be here, but glad that you found us. Questions like that can be really annoying and hurtful, but not all are ill-intentioned. I've found that I can react very differently to the same (seemingly inane) question, depending on whether it is asked sincerely from someone who wants an answer or stated as an accusation, kwim? And then there are the days when most everything annoys me:eek:.