- advertisement -

Stressing over pump change

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sorcha, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Sorcha

Sorcha Approved members

Hello! :)

This is my first post, but I've been an anonymous lurker for a while! :eek: My 6YOS DS was dx with T1 4 years ago, and we've been pumping with the Cozmo for 3. We're about to undergo some changes (both with our pump and the start of all-day school in the fall), so I figured it's time to get active here.

Like many of you (I've been reading for days now!), we're making a pump switch since the announcement from Smiths. Though we currently only have a little over a year left in our warranty, concern for reductions in support plus recognition of the chance to get a years' worth of experience with one of our 2010 contenders before locking in to a 4 year warranty was too good to pass up. Today we made the decision to go with the Animas - here in Canada it will be the 2020. We really debated Animas vs. Minimed...in the end, though, the cost for CGMS for the next year only were too high, so it became a pump-to-pump comparison. To us, the Animas appeared to come out ahead in that regard, and I've noticed that many former Cozmo users appear to have gone with Animas - are there specific reasons? I have an annoying habit of second-guessing myself the minute I make a solid decision, and so I'm here tonight looking for a little reassurance.

For you former Cozmo users especially, how have you found the transition to Animas REALLY? If you have experience with the 2020, even better! :D

Thanks!

2. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

We have always been on the Animas. I cannot tell you how it compares to the cozmo, but both my daughters love theirs! I have found the customer support to be excellent!

3. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

We went from the Cozmo to The Ping. While there are some features I really miss, there are some features I really like on the Ping. I really miss the "back" button and the site change reminder alarm. I think the food database on the Animas is easier to use and I really love the color screen. The remote is also a great feature, but I realize with the 2020 that's not really relevant. Overall, we're happy with the switch. The customer support we've had has been top-notch.

Hope that helps.