- advertisement -

Stomach pain?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TrinysMom, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TrinysMom

TrinysMom Approved members

Has anyone CWD complained of intermitten stomach pains? My DD had had 3 seperate occasions where she has c/o stomach pain. She says its crampy and right in the middle. The first time it happened her BG kept dropping, the second time it stayed stable. I have asked her endo if it could possibly be celiac but the just kinda blew me off and said to call peds.. She hasn't had any other symptoms, no fever, no N/V or diarrhea... She does tend to complain more after eating. I am calling peds today but just thought I'd ask the experts here too! Thanks for your help.

2. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

My daughter has a stomachache every so often but nothing really comes of it. She just tested negative for celiac because of course it's the first thing that comes to my mind when she doesn't feel good. It could really be anything though, eating too much, gas, eating too fast, slight allergy to certain foods (dairy, soy, nuts, etc) really anything. I used to have stomachaches often when i was younger and turns out i was lactose intolerant. I've since almost grown out of it, I just can't have a lot of milk products daily.

The only time my daughter ever complains of it is right after eating as well.

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

My DS complains of stomach pain when he's high (300+). He tested negative for celiac in April.

4. scoobydoo

scoobydoo Approved members

We also have stomach pains when high - they generally easy when BG back within range....

5. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

What about a stomach virus? You don't always have any symptoms other than stomach pain. The past few days I've had a little bug that just made me feel "ughh" but no nausea, or any bowel symptoms. Just my stomach hurt, that was all. It would come and go throughout the day, and usually got worse after I ate.

What points away from celiac to me is that it comes and goes. (You didn't say how far apart each incident was.) If it were celiac, wouldn't it be constant discomfort? Perhaps someone with experience with celiac can chime in.

6. coeen

coeen Approved members

My little guy has tummy aches a lot too. Usually with highs.
    High blood sugars make him pee more so then he loses fluids, which also doesn't help the digestive process. Then resulting in constipation aches.
    We dealt with this issued not too long ago and endo. Seems to get better when numbers are more consistently in range and a few days of Miralax. Also trying to keep him drinking more fluids.

7. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I have seen this question posted by so many parents of newly dxd kids. I'd say anecdotally its very common, but no one has ever responded with a definitive answer. My DD did have stomach aches for awhile after dx. We had the typical response of having her retested for Celiac. The results were negative. A lot of hospitals include the test at dx. So you might want to check.

Another thing to consider, diabetes becomes such a focus for our kids, we tend to assume a lot of things are diabetes related. We eventually found out my DD had become lactose intolerant. If we hadn't jumped to the conclusion it was bg or diabetes causing the stomach aches, we might have figured it out sooner.