- advertisement -

Stem cell educator therapy results in another auto-immune disease

Discussion in 'Research' started by pdx_dc, Apr 25, 2015.

1. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Great news if your child has alopecia. If your child has T1D? Not so much. It's so much more complicated than this. Autoimmune disease treatments are not "one size fits all."

ETA: I don't get excited about T1D-related research until Joshua Levy gets excited about it. Taking this approach has saved me from getting my hopes dashed repeatedly.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

All autoimmune disorders are complicated. Any research that helps one form can lead to better understanding & treatment of the other forms.

Alopecia was the first of my autoimmune diagnoses, 27 yrs ago. While it may not have the serious & sometimes deadly effects as some of the other autoimmunes, it's very often associated with them. IIRC, there are a few here with alopecia.

4. mickdg

mickdg Approved members

The thread title confused me...I was expecting to read about a new, negative side effect for T1D subjects.

5. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Sorry, can I edit the thread title?? yeah, I am not a native speaker, should have worded it a little different, will think twice next time..

6. Ed2009

Ed2009 Approved members

Just skimmed the article, but I see what might look like an interesting explanation on how the Stem Cell educator works to regrow hair.

Now I wonder if anyone came around with a similar explanation/article on how the Dr. Zhao's Stem Cell Educator for T1 works. BTW, seems that the same Dr. Yong Zhao is also signing the article: http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/s12916-015-0331-6.pdf , page 1 last line.

Silly joke: I wonder if it'll regrow hair in mice...