- advertisement -

Starving teenage son!

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by TheLegoRef, Apr 28, 2014.

1. swellman

swellman Approved members

Doing this this weekend in the Vitamix except ima cooking my own chickpeas :wink:

other ideas for throwing in:

roasted garlic
    sun dried tomatoes
    roasted red peppers
    kalamata olives

To the OP. Healthy sandwiches and wraps. I am of the view that dietary consumption of cholesterol doesn't raise cholesterol levels - it's a genetic thing and if the cholesterol is high then talk to a doctor about statins.

2. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Completely annectdotal, but, as a teenager I had high cholesterol. My whole family has high high cholesterol, and two of my grandparents died of heart disease, my father had his first heart attack at 52. For five years, my doctor recommended statins as it was clear I had a family history and I delayed as I was still young for relatively new drugs. The rest of my family started on statins and has seen good results. I moved out of my parents house and changed my diet. Within a year, my cholesterol dropped. I now have cholesterol comparable to that of the rest of my family on statins.

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

Oscar Meyer has these new P3 Protein packs that my son likes (he's only 9, though, so not in the completely eating me out of house and home stage just yet). They have a meat/cheese/nut and are loaded with protein, but only 5 carbs max in the entire pack. They are individually wrapped, so no worries about cross contamination with your younger child. We started sending them for his 10am snack because he was getting hungry before lunch and he loves them. Hormel also has Rev Wraps (or you could make your own as well), which are easy to carry in a backpack, that are again, loaded with protein.

4. joan

joan Approved members

Snacking was doing a number on my son's bs . He is not on a pump, his choice, so he is trying to eat larger meals to hopefully avoid a lot of snacking. His bs are much better