- advertisement -

Start Pumping today!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Luiyo, May 20, 2009.

1. Luiyo

Luiyo Approved members

My 8 years old son start pumping today after saline practice... We have been on Nph and humalog for two months and was like perfect condition... except for the scheduling and eating urgency. Now Everything changes I hope he's BG could keep well.... the Medtronic team told me something about carbo ratio that we probably be working on these days.??? Any ideas???

2. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Congrats! We just started pumping at the end of March and we love it. It's an adjustment so give yourself time to figure it all out and work closely with your CDE (or whomever is helping you). they will help you figure out all the right carb ratios, basals, etc.

3. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

We are right with you - Chris has been pumping for a week now. :) He has had a couple of lows in the night. We have gone from every 2 hour checks at night to 3. Chris does a super job with site changes too. Hope all is well with your experience too!

4. Luiyo

Luiyo Approved members

first day almost perfect except for the night we have at 3 am 68

5. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Congrats!

It takes a few days to verify that the initial settings are working well for you. Your CDE or endo should walk you through.

Enjoy.