advertisement

Sports day camp ideas please

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by Dxdiabetic13, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Dxdiabetic13

Dxdiabetic13 Approved members

I've asked questions about my 13yr old son playing basketball and have gotten great responses. Now I'm looking for ideas about what anyone has experienced sending kids to sports camp. My son is doing basketball camp for a week starting Monday and it's from 9-2. He's needle phobic and refuses to try giving himself his injections which I'm grateful for because it's only been a little over a month since diagnosis. So I will be going to camp to give his insulin for lunch, but I was wondering what other more experienced parents have done with kids and all day sports camps. I know that I have to go over everything with the camp and they said they have experience with diabetic kids but this is MY kid and I'm nervous about him remembering to check his BG more regularly especially since he's been forgetting to check when he's at his dad's house (that's a thread I need to post by itself) anyone have experience with sports camp please comment.