- advertisement -

Sorry I have been away so long!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pianoplayer4, Jan 13, 2014.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

Just wanted to give all my D'mama's a quick update on my life. I finished my first semester of college with a 4.0 GPA and made the dean's list! I really love my school and have made a bunch of good friends! D care was much harder in college than I expected, just being so busy and having basically not regular routine for eating made it hard to remember to check my bg's and all the fatty foods they serve at the school. There were a couple of scary moments, like durring finals week when my pump broke =O and I could not get a new one for three days (coplicated) but thanks to an awesome d friend in my building I was able to get enough syringes to get through it. Definnietly learned a lot! I even switched to an adult endo, which was the best desicion I have ever made, my endo is the sweetest lady ever and very personable. So I just wnated to check in and thank all of you for being here, I know I have not been posting much but I feel so much better knowing that you are here and that if I ever had a problem or needed to vent you guys would be here for me.

2. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Congrats! It sounds like you've handled the challenges like a pro. I hope next semester goes equally well. :)

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

I've thought of you often this semester, given that you and my son are in the first year at the same time. I'm so glad you are doing so well and have found an adult endo you like. The one my son went to was just kind of eh, not good or bad. Glad you have some support from other D friends, there are 3 total (including my son) just on his floor and I know they support one another quite a bit.

Glad for the update, have a great second semester.

4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Congrats! I'm so happy that you are enjoying college and doing so well.