- advertisement -

son wants to go to bed high/worried about going low

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 3js, May 10, 2008.

1. 3js

3js Approved members

Does anyone else`s child worry about this? We check EVERY night 3am (2x when we used NPH). Lastnight I checked him at 11pm too- he was 162. He was worried (and had spent hours outside) so I gave him 1/2c vanilla soymilk. He tested at 10:30 am and was 8. So it was ok. I am just concerned about HIS concern.lol. He is so worried about it.

2. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

YES!!! Mia is OBSESSED with her BG range at the moment, esp at bedtime!! I have to reassure her that I will check her frequently to make sure she does not go low (or that I will catch it). Maybe it is an age-thing. She definitely seems a lot more aware of her BG levels (and the consequences of low BGs) than she used to be. I can't wait for that CGMS (Navigator) because I really think and hope that this will give her the ultimate reassurance and peace of mind at nighttime....

3. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

Every single night she asks us if she's going to go low, should she eat something else. :(

4. lynn

lynn Approved members

Nathan asks me every night at bedtime if I am going to check him a couple times before morning. I tell him not to worry about it---I'll take care of him. He thanks me and is off.

It is so sad that they have to worry about their safety. Especially while they sleep.

5. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

Mike won't take any insulin when he eats his bed time snack just for that reason. Luckily, he wakes up in range every day so I don't push the issue. As long as he takes the Lantus before bed he's fine. It's OK with me that he worries, shows me that he cares about his health.

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Same here. Melissa wants to know exactly what time I plan to check her.

So sad that she has to have this concern:(