- advertisement -

Some good news at my end!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by emm142, Jun 15, 2012.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Totally unrelated to D, but I know some of my D-family like to know how I'm getting on with my degree. Since I've told my real mum and dad now, I can let all my CWD parents know - I got the results for the first year of my degree today and I placed in Class I.

I'm so happy about this. What with everything that's happened this year I would seriously have been happy just to pass and be able to continue to next year, but I'm really proud to have been able to get the top grade. My attempt to battle through the crap obviously paid off! :p

On the train home to see my family. I think there might be a celebratory Chinese take out in the works. Sometimes you just have to ignore D, eh? :D

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Well, this comes as no surprise to me, Emma. You're one of the brightest young women I know, and while I'm delighted to hear that you did so well your first year, I would expect no less from you. :)

Congratulations! It has been a pleasure getting to know you the past four years on this board, and I look forward to hearing more about your successes in the years to come!

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Congratulations Emma! What an incredible accomplishment. Your family must be so proud of you. I know your CWD family is.:cwds:

4. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Great news, and this doesn't surprise me at all, I know you are going to go on to even bigger and better things. You should be really proud of yourself for this accomplishment. Congratulations!! :D

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I'll admit that Im a little teary eyed right now:cwds: Over the years we've watched you grow and change and take those first steps to reaching your goals Emm. And now we get to sit back like any proud family and watch you excell and accomplish what you set out to do. Congratulations! Your hard word is really paying off;)

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Awesome!:)

Enjoy your meal!:D

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Like that's a shock to anyone but you :p

Congratulations, Emma! Well done!;)

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

Congratulations Emma! As others have said, this is of no surprise to me either! I'm so very proud of you! Enjoy that Chinese food!!! :D

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

I am so happy for you Emma! This is truly something to celebrate! Well done!

10. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Congratulations! :D

11. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Woohoo!:p:p So happy for you! (Tho, like others, not surprised.;)) Congratulations...enjoy that Chinese food for all it's worth!

12. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Congratulations

Like Sara says!

13. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Oh we are so proud of you!!!!!!! :D I'm all misty. :eek:

14. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

Even though Im new here, I have been very impressed with your posts, you seem wise beyond your years so I am not surprised to read this. Congrats Emma!

15. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Congrats Emma! I echo all the others...no surprise. :p You are inspiring. :)

16. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

You are awesome!

17. buggle

buggle Approved members

Top school in the world and the top of your class -- all with type 1 and initial home sickness. So proud of you, Emma.

[​IMG]

18. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Wonderful news - well done! You must be so happy - you just made my day! Have a lovely break with your family. x

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Thanks everyone! :D

20. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

So happy for you, Emma. But like the others have said, it is no surprise. I have always been impressed by you.