- advertisement -

software?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Rob, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Rob

Rob Approved members

Well, I just got a guardian constant blood monitor a few days ago, and I was wondering if there was any software out there somewhere for downloading and reviewing results. The only thing I found was a link on their site to a web based program, but I'd much rather have my own, so if anyone knows where I can find some it would be much appreiciated.

-Rob

2. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

We use the Carelink online program that Medtronic has. One nice thing I just found out about it ... if you call the helpline and there is something for which seeing data might help them understand the problem, they can get in and see your info.

I've not heard of any other software. But you can download the data into excel. I can't remember how offhand, but let me know if you can't find it and I'll log it and get directions for you.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

we use carelink as well and really like it.. there is a program that my rep has, but she says its only available for the dr's offices.. I don't even know what its called, but it does some awesome graphs.. will tell you everything you've ever typed into your pump, including when you override the estimated amount of insulin.. its pretty cool.. I'm trying to figure out how I can get a hold of it ;)

4. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

Ooooh, that does sound cool. Will you let us know when you get it?

It seems insane that the online program won't let you see what was a carb bolus using the set ratio, what was a correction, and if there was an override. Without that information I can't tell if any of the settings need to be changed ... so I still do paper logging of any extra carbs, insulin, or overrides. Excited to know they do have a way of showing that info - but annoyed that it is not in the user product. I feel another letter to MM coming on. :rolleyes:

5. Rob

Rob Approved members

yea, that's what I was lookin for. that's too bad it's only avaliable to dr's offices tho... maby I can persuade my doc into getting me a copy.

6. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

Slightly Ot....

Dexcom's software (Windoze XP only) is really great, lots of graphing choices.

7. Budapest

Budapest Approved members

In case you are still looking...

I had the same issues and developed an Excel workbook that uses the data download from CareLink and other data from ezManager, the software that comes with our Animas pump. It is not really user friendly, but I am sure you could make it work if you are a little familiar with Excel. What pump do you use?

I don't have where to upload the Excel file but I can e-mail it to you if you PM me your address.