- advertisement -

Sob!

Discussion in 'Kids' started by Dounuts, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

I had some really good news at my last diabetic clinic. My Hba1c had gone from 10.8 to 9.0 and my nurse said if I get it down to 7.0 and keep it there for 6 months then I would be put on the waiting list for a pump.:D I had a blood test and was sent back to school. Today we had a letter that said they had found a high count of antibodies that are part of coeliac (cealiac for America) in my blood.:( My Mum looked up the symptoms and we both agree I have 9 out of 16 symptoms. It has nothing to do with Diabetes but there is an increase in people with type 1 and coeliac. I now will have to go to GOSH (Great Olmand Street Hospital) to have a biopsy. Has anyone had a biopsy or got coeliac diease?:confused:

2. beck95

beck95 Approved members

hey sorry to hear you have the high possibility:(.. i dont have celiac but i do have graves (another autoimune disease). D. celiac and graves are all autoimune diseases and thats why we have a high chance of getting them. lets hope however, that its all just a false alarm. good luck withit all.;):)

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Hey that's great that your a1c is coming down.

My dd doesn't have celiac, but a lot of people on here do.

Im sure your worried about biopsy. Im sure someone will chime in on how they did there biopsy

4. HumanWaffle

HumanWaffle Approved members

Thats great, your A1C! Keep it up! But yes, I have had both of those. The biospy isn't all that bad, they put you to sleep. But the ending is a different story, You feel HORRIBLE! I don't mean to scare you, but I just wanted to let you know whats going to happen, I had to go through it without any clue what was going on. At the end they might give you some pictures of your stomach! They gave me some :3 But Celaic is actually not all that bad, shopping is a pain. I have no clue if they have Whole Foods in England, but there is most likely something similar.Don't buy anything unless it clearly says Gluten Free on the box, sometimes it is by the nut. information. But there is an exception for stuff like yogurt and milk. You have to be quite cautious. I remember recently we went out the eat, and me and my mom forgot to check if the onion rings or the chicken nuggets were cooked in the same fryer. At the end my mom remembered, and she started freaking out! She tends to do that a lot over gluten food. Just be careful, in case you are wondering, I was contaminated... Oh and, NO GOLD FISHIES ANYMORE

Hope I helped you!
    -Human Waffle

5. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

The diabetes service isn't high in are books at the moment as they "forgot" to send the paperwork to GOSH.

6. Leah

Leah Approved members

I have celiac, but I did not get a biospy. My parents thought that it was unessacery, and the blood draw was enough. It may be hard at first, but there are many great alternatives for food. Some companies worth looking at are:

Udi's
    Schar
    Glutino
    Against the grain gourmet
    Bob's red mill
    Gluten free bagel company
    Nana's gluten free cookies
    Main line bakery

There are also many more places, including whole foods, that sell gluten free foods. If you want for info you can go on www.celiac.com .

Good luck (if you get celiac), and you can pm me if you want to know anything else.
    :):):)

7. zara

zara New Member

really sorry to hear about u! sorry again! and get well soon!

8. Princess1102

Princess1102 New Member

Hi my name is dakota and i do have celiac disease:( and i had a biopsy but i dont remember it beacause the doctors put me to sleep and when i was geting ready for the surgery one of the nurses let me pick two smells of chapstick. Dont be scared of the biopsy beacause 1 it isnt even scary and 2 u wont even know that they are doing anything!:)