- advertisement -

so this slightly depresses me - vent / rant

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by vinedyta, Mar 29, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

You don't have big feet. Like my sister and my daughter, you have a firm foundation.

2. vinedyta

vinedyta Approved members

that one is a Tommy and dad gem

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

I like this!

4. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I'm 5 foot 3 and 1/2 , tiny waist, big top and bottom. I have the same issues. If I can get jeans over my hips, then they fit my waist about as as well as if I wre wearing a hula hoop. Nothing fits me right.

5. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That is exactly why I don't wear jeans. If they fit in the waist I can't get them past my hips, if they fit in the hips the waist is in another continent. Oh and then the shoes and socks I have two different size feet and I mean different. If I buy to fit the smaller foot, the larger foot can't even get into the shoe and if I fit the larger foot, the smaller foot walks right out of its shoe. I am lopsided

6. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I did find that stretchy boot cut jeans fit my waist and my hips, BUT they are about 5 miles too long, and I have to wear higher shoes with them. Now that I've busted up my ankle for the 4th time I really want to stick to flats and get rid of all my high shoes. So I guess I better learn how to hem boot cut jeans!

7. txmom

txmom Approved members

My best friend's son wears size 28x42 jeans....special order. He is 14 and 6'5".

I went with them to the Houston livestock show, she is 5'1" and she was hanging on to the back of his belt loop, he finally stopped and asked why she was doing that. Her reply "I don't want someone to steal you"....he pointed out that he was waaayy too big for someone to steal, he was no longer 3 years old and he would appreciate it if she would let go of the back of his pants.

8. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

LOL That is so funny.

9. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

Love this thread. I'm a little over 5 ft 10 and my feet used to be a 10 after 3 kids I'm now an 11 w. Socks are also a big issue for me. Ijust bought tennis shoes yesterday and couldn't find any in my size. I ended up getting a men's 10. I've dated guys with smaller feet! Sometimes it's depressing.

10. vinedyta

my dh and I have the exact same size feet it is so easy to buy shoes for each other but he looks pretty funny trying on dress shoes for me. and FYI The mens Champion sport socks are very comfortable and don't shout I am a guys sock I got the white and gray

11. vinedyta

that is funny! Next time she should tell him it is so no one steals her

12. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Heehee! Nice.

I've always had BIG feet at size 10. They're not available in the Philippines although a few stores carry them now since there are more foreigners living in Manila. But I've either had to have them custom-made or had to squeeze into size 9 shoes (not good). It was nice when my oldest brother finally moved here so he could buy shoes for my mom, which we in turn used. Three women in the family (well, two now) and all of us had size 10 shoes.

I developed a slouch since growing up, the girls always seemed to be half my size and I'm only 5'8"! Moving here made me feel more "normal", size-wise.

Oh, thanks for the lead on long pants. My sister, an inch taller than I am, is all legs and have a short torso. She still lives back home so it's very difficult for her to find pants long enough for her. I tried their "long" at the mall there less than two weeks ago and they were cropped pants for me. When she went to Canada last year she was so excited to find size 10 W shoes, she bought three colors of a style she really liked.

13. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Sorry! B Must not be fun. You really have a (ahem) firm foundation! :D My brother used to ask me all the time if I would ever grow into my nose! His head never grew into his body! (It really looks strange... he's 6 feet with this teeny-tiny head on top -- LOL -- glad he's not on the forums!) Just gotta love our differences and quirkiness!

I have a niece who's 5'6" and wears a size 5 1/2. She trips all.the.time. I remember as kids she fell a lot.

14. Leece

Leece Approved members