- advertisement -

So proud of my son!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mommaof7, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

Zech was diagnosed one month ago, on his 3rd birthday, and he is making us so proud that I thought I'd share one little thing. We had some random unexplained lows and he now comes to me with his glucose meter and says, "Mommy poke me, I'm too tired, I need a snack" he has done this for the last two recent lows and both times, he was right, he was too low. I'm just floored that he knows what the feeling is and what to do already.

They are amazing little people, I'm so saddened he has to go through this, but so proud he's taking it on like a very big boy!!

2. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Wow, what a BRAVE, SMART boy...No wonder your so proud!:D

3. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

You made me cry reading about your little boy, it is wonderful and sad at the same time:cwds: This is quite something for a three year old!

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

good job Zeck, you should be very proud!!

5. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

That is wonderfull he knows the signs!!!

6. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Zebulon was dx'ed at 19 months and is now 3. He is just starting to recognize lows a bit, at least he knows to ask for food. It's funny because normally when he wants something to eat he'll say 'me want something to eat!' (my little cave man, lol) When he is low he will say 'me need a snack NOW!' That is all I have to go on now when he is low, but I always tell him that his blood sugar is a little low and what a good boy he is for telling me he needed something. Diabetes comes with a whole new set of milestones, each of which are so bittersweet.

You should be very proud, you have a very smart little boy on your hands. Of course the smart ones tend to cause a lot if mischief don't they!;)

Robyn

7. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

LOL, yes, I am about to have our 7th child and Zech is #6, so far he is the MOST mischievious of all my children! LOL

8. riccog

riccog Approved members

I know exactly how you feel. Just a few days ago when I got home, my son started crying and was asking for his daddy. When I picked him up, he asked me to check his blood. Sure enough, he was 56.

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

Way to go, Zech!!!!! That is fantastic that he's able to do this at such a young age!!! :):)

P.S. --- He's a real cutie-patootie!!!!!

10. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

That is wonderful. Tori is nearly 7 and is very rarely able to recognize her lows.

11. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

You can let Zech know that I am proud of him too. He is such a brave boy and really smart to know when he is low and needs to eat something. Even though it is bittersweet, it is a major milestone. WAY TO GO ZECH!!:)

12. Mik's Mom

Mik's Mom Approved members

wow- wtg Zech! that is awesome!

My daughter just turned 9- was diagnosed at 6 and is hypo unaware- she can't feel a low blood sugar coming on and sometimes she will just fall as her blood sugar is too low, as she isn't able to feel a low blood sugar coming on-

So glad Zech is able to feel his lows and is able to tell you - that is great :)

Happy Numbers!

~ Missy

13. Colinsmom

Colinsmom Approved members

what a bittersweet momment. He is one brave little boy!