advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So pissed off with Dexcom!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by katerinas, Oct 10, 2017.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I bought the G5 on April from the US. we had to go to an endo and everything. In July the receiver stopped working it seems to load but never gets there.. I have sent over 20 emails as I can't find a phone that I can contact them from Greece. NOTHING. At some point they said that they contacted me in my US phone as we need to solve this over the phone. I said that I am currently in Greece and they said no problem they can call me. I did send them my phone Number and have been waiting now for almost a month! I sent them again 3-4 emails that they never repplied!!! What is going on?

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We've been frustrated as well, if you've read my other thread. I think Dexcom is growing so quickly after the FDA approved dosing off G5 that their quality has gone down, at least temporarily. At least, I hope it's temporary.

My daughter keeps getting told that the reason her phone can't receive from G5 is that she upgraded up iOS. She's pretty irritated with it, as she needed upgraded for her college classes, and her medical device has YET to submit their app upgrade to the FDA. So, now whenever it q quits, she's reinstalling the transmitter number as if it were new. It works temporarily and then quits.

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

Maybe you want to try to post you problem and see if we can help you?

4. Andrews mom

Andrews mom Approved members

Our receiver had stopped working as well after having it about two months. I have to admit that we had excellent customer service from them, and a new receiver in two days. They need to call you back because you're in Greece? I had my situation resolved quickly on the phone with them and did not need additional phone calls. Can they not ship it internationally because they have you living at a US address?

5. katerinas

Thanks for your replies! Swellman what do you mean to post it? They need to call me as I can't find a Number to call them from GREECE. I think they can ship it to GREECE. Anyway even to my US address and I can have somebody send it over. The problem is they are not anwering my mails and although they said they would contact me through phone I am STILL waiting!

6. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Can you just call the US number? That is what I do when outside the US. If you bought the receiver in the US then you should be supported by the US based customer service. Are you able to call the US or is that the problem? I have also had them call me back to a non US number. If you give them the country code the representative can call you but it is more complicated for them (took them an hour to call me back and I felt really bad because I had fixed the problem by then!).

7. katerinas

Meg do you have a Number that I can call? I only have the one that they give in their site and this doesn't seem to work outside the US
    thanks!

8. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I use the 1 888 738 3646 number. I just dial the 3 digit exit number to call outside the country and then enter the number.