- advertisement -

so I've got stage 2 breast cancer

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by fredntan2, Jul 27, 2011.

1. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you....

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

mri on monday. the doc called me with results, since I work in radiology guess it was a curtosy . they found more **** on right, think both are small about 1.5 cm with small t hing between, his report recommends mastectomy when I read it. then something very small in left. really havn't been dealing too well with this. me and hubby keep going to bars/shots of tequila etc etc. took taxi home monday. going to see local surgeon in hour or so. but we have plans to go up to sloan kettering in NYC to take care of this. leaning toward bilateral mastectomy. I just don't ever want this coming back.

path results came back invasive ductal adenocarcenoma. which is about 80 of breast cancers. they don't see anything in lympth nodes on mri, I think.

havn't seen oncologist, he said you usually see them after surgery. I have family in NYC, just going to get everything done up there. to hell with these little small town docs. my mom is here-she's going to pay for flight up to city/hotel. you get special deal if your sick. sister got back from vacation. Dear husband has been wonderful.

so thats where I'm at. I can't post specifics on fb since I'm not using my local facilities
    and I'm happy the cancer isn't as advanced as I had worried about. but got real depressed about the mri.

3. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

A friend of mine had breast cancer right before I was diagnosed. She had little tumors spread out like yours. She had a bilateral mastectomy and is doing great!

Good luck. You'll do great.

4. selketine

selketine Approved members

I was worried as I hadn't seen you post - that something more had come along.

I am sorry to hear and I know you are worried. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have spread though. I'm sure Sloan-Kettering is great. Any thoughts about Johns Hopkins? Looks like you are in VA and know a lot about hospitals so I was just curious what you thought about it. (I always think if I had a big problem that would be a great place to go - I live in the DC suburbs).

Keep us updated when you can and thinking of you!

5. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way. God Bless.

6. Noel

Noel Approved members

Thinking of you and praying for you Fran.

7. kgerrick

kgerrick Approved members

I'm praying for you and your family! You can beat this!

8. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Fran, you can beat this!!! I am glad that it has not spread!!

9. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

I'm sorry. You will be in my prayers.

10. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Oh Fran, that just plain sucks. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

11. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Hang in there, prayers for you!!!

12. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Prayers for a positive outcome!

13. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear this! Prayers to you and your family. You will beat this, Fran - us parents of T1's are a tough group.

14. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

I wish you the best. As an oncology nurse, I treat a lot of women with various stages of breast cancer. Treatment has come a long way. Treatments tend to be tolerated a lot better than 10 years ago. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

15. BeTheChange

BeTheChange New Member

Breast Cancer

I am so sorry that you have to face tis ordeal. IT is just another journey. Perhaps you would consider writing a bog or online journal in which you can keep us abreast of your situation and we can respond to you.

Do you also have T1?