- advertisement -

So does your town have gas???

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by ccarrol4, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

So today, I go to one of the last gas stations in my town to feel up my tank, as I'm sitting there watching the #'s take forever to change, all the tanks STOP!!! Everyone's looking around trying to figure out what's going on. Next thing I know, the owner comes over the intercom and says "sorry, we're out of gas and don't know when we'll have anymore!" So, now I haven't been able to find a gas station with gas. Looks like I'll be using the public transportation system starting tomorrow. College students get to ride for free :). To bad student housing at my school isn't actually on college campus, it's miles away. Anyways, anyone else having trouble getting gas?

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

that stinks..we have gas.. i don't know of any problem around here..

hopefully the stations get it tomorrow!

3. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Oh yea we do. Cheap too! One town is $3.38 a gallon, the other town $3.27 a gallon.

4. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

No. We have been having issues here for 2 weeks already and it just keeps getting worse even though 'they' keep saying a few more days. The local community college has closed due to folks not being able to make it to class. The city is having all non essential workers stay home to save gas and schools are canceling activities and field trips. Dh was able to get us gas but only by waking up at 4:30am and going out then, and it still took him over an hour to fill up two cars. A friend told me she waited for 4 hours yesterday evening. Anytime a station has gas the line reaches up to 1/2 mile and officers are posted to keep everything calm and orderly. Took my sister 1 1/2 hour today to get gas and she was early in the line. It's also costing about $4.20 per gallon. I have been driving as little as possible but Zeb has a doctors appointment tomorrow and I intend to go.

5. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We have gas and it even dropped a bit back in price again. $3.57 and $3.59 in most places here.
    Sorry for you guys but at least you have public transportation. I could use my dogs I guess but I do not think they would enjoy it as much as me.
    Allene

6. JamesofClinton

JamesofClinton Approved members

We've got gas! It's in near the 3.50 average here.

7. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

We've got gas. I don't drive too much so I don't have to fill up too often but I noticed the Kroger where I go is at 3.57 so with 15 cents off, that would be 3.42! Not bad. (not that I would have imagined it could be that high a couple years ago!)

HEY!! That's my 1000th post!!!

8. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

yep, plenty here.
    Are they closing schools there as a result?

9. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I filled up here last Friday and in Newport News on Saturday...still nursing that tank. I heard some in MD were without gas. I'll probably look around today and see what's up. I know the prices initially spiked but seem to have returned pretty much to pre-Ike levels.

10. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Yes we do, and today is gas regulation day for us. I was pretty upset about it this morning. Before Ike, gas went from 1.29 a liter to 1.50 a liter and then dropped to 1.25 a liter on the next gas regulation day. (I was smart and filled up before the spike). So after crude jumped 25 bucks in a day this week, I thought I was smart to fill up yesterday. I wake up this morning, friggin thing is down to 1.19 a liter, what a crock!?!?

11. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Yes we have gas here. I filled up yesterday for $3.24.

12. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We have gas in Michigan and I thought it was a good price at $3.76 but I guess I need to go to Iowa!

13. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

We had a shortage and yesterday was the 1st day I say most stations have gas all day and no lines.

I think the Mapco stations just got gas this morning. So hopefully our shortage is over in the nashville area.

14. SamsMom

SamsMom Approved members

Isn't it amazing we consider this cheap now? :confused::eek::confused:

15. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

NJ has gas...I think I paid 3.30 per gallon for it yesterday

16. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

No, they haven't closed any of the schools. I sure wish they would though, lol.

17. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Come on down Michelle. I was in Ohama today, gas was $3.25 a gallon.