- advertisement -

Snow

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Nov 24, 2008.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

We had our first accumulating snow of the year today. Not much, maybe 1.5 inches, but enought to make the roads disasters. I think the county enjoys not plowing and seeing how many people go in ditches or get into accidents. 3 of the 8 roads I was on today were plowed. I managed to only hit one curb :rolleyes: My car wanted to turn into the school parking lot a lil bit early. I was going slow enough that no damage was done :) My car does not get along very well with snow or cold, making winter a difficult time.

2. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

You got snow already?!?!? Wow! where do you live? its been very cold here in MA the last few days and apparently there was a storm system that went just south of us and if it would have come over us we would have got buried in snow! I love snow though, probably because i dont drive;). the only time i ever drove in the snow i got in an accident and that was when i only had my learners permit so i just chose to not get my license. i'm the worlds biggest chicken!!!

3. s0ccerfreak

yep, we have snow already. Your lucky you got to drive in snow with your permit. My parents wouldn't let me and my drivers ed instructor canceled on me. So last winter I got to explore snow driver all by myself... What I learned?-- go slow, break early, bridges are slippery (funny story there), donuts are fun but only when planning on doing one, fish tailing is fun but only when planning on doint one, people are not smart so watch out for their stupid decisions, it takes a while to accelerate, go slow, and biking in snow is great fun! Did I mention go slow?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Utah supposedly has the graetest snow on earth (atleast thats what it says on my liscence plate...) but we have no snow yet. It looks like another slushy winter. :(

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Ummm snow? What's that? LOL. It doesn't snow here! Well, it did once, but it only stuck to abandoned cars and other large cold objects that weren't the ground. Yeah, except for then...it doesn't snow.

6. Tau1061

Tau1061 Approved members

That's funny. We had snow LAST WEEK in the middle of NC...

7. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

we got like at least 8 inches today!
    I drove for the first time by myself in snow. :p
    haha

8. s0ccerfreak

you're way up north, correct? Did you manage to not hit anything... unlike me lol

9. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

What is this snow of which you speak? ROFL

Yea, it doesn't snow down here in the land of endless summer that is Florida.

10. s0ccerfreak

that sounds so boring. Our weather is extremely random. It could snow today and be 60 this weekend. You never know what to expect. You must be prepared for anything at any time.

11. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

Um like northeasternish. ahah
    by the lake, so that could be why!
    And I didn't hit anything! thank god!

12. s0ccerfreak

We got 10 inches of snow yesterday! woohooo and were suppose to get more tomorrow.

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww hush would ya? LOL. I'm looking at the outside temp right now: 67.
    And did I mention that this morning I about froze 'cause it was 50-something?

14. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Haha that's so funny. I wish it was 50 something here. Right now it's about 40, and in the morning when I leve for school it's in the 20'a and 30's.
    I have had to wait 20 minutes, seriously, in 15 degree (how do I do that little degree thing on the computer) weather. Not fun, let me tell you.

15. diamondback688

It was in the low 50's today. I was waiting for my next class to start, so I set up my laptop outside at one of the tables. I thought it was a good idea at the time. Until an hour passed and my fingers felt like they were frozen.

16. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

OH MY WORD, It's SNOWING HERE!!!! And it hasn't snowed in 4 years!! And it's snowing WAY MORE than it did!! I'll post pics of my Snowman Freddie and me later :D.

17. s0ccerfreak

lol and I bet everyone is freaking out about driving!?! We had over 10 inches yesterday (and a snow day)

18. diamondback688

Man, you guys are so lucky.

19. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

No snow in SoCal

20. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yup! Nobody knows how to, and we don't have snowplows :D. It's supposed to get in the 50's tomorrow though, but not for early morning rush hour...ugh.

ETA: We had a family snowball fight!! And I made a snowangel!!! I've always wanted to do that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008