- advertisement -

Snow Day!!!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by k.hawkins92, Dec 17, 2008.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

We're having our first snow day of the season here in Indiana. There actually isn't any snow on the ground, ironically, its all ice, so the buses couldn't run. But the bad thing is, this is finals week, so I don't know what we're going to do to make up those finals.....:confused: Oh well, I'm enjoying sitting at home today, not studying like I should be. :)

Anyway, has anyone else had a snow day yet? If so, what did you do with your day off?

2. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

I have never had a snow day...and most likely, never will. It never snows here. I so wish I could have a snow day, it sounds like tons of fun!!:D

3. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

We don't get snow days, we get hurricane days.:rolleyes:

I'm in the middle of the state, an hour away from the nearest beach. The chances of a hurricane hitting here are pretty slim. But, they close my college because of a tropical storm warning.:rolleyes:

4. k.hawkins92

Tropical Storm warnings? wow, that would be scary. :eek: I'm glad I don't live on the coast. :)

5. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

:rolleyes::rolleyes:All we get is a bunch of rain. Nothing real dangerous.

6. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I had a snow day last week tuesday and a 2-hour delay the week before. Its looking like we will have a snow day this friday and next monday :D

I can't believe you have exams already :eek: I don't have mine till mid January

7. k.hawkins92

Yeah, we have winter break starting monday. So our school always does finals the week before we leave and forget everything. :) When do you guys start school? Maybe you started later than us....? Our first day was August 12 this year.

8. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yup yup. Hurricane warnings are scary too.

9. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

Ugh. Where do YOU live? All we got where I live in Indiana was a 2 hour delay because of ice. They cut the study time/advisory before our final out totally. Good thing it was my ASL final, and all we did was watch CODA Brothers and ABC Gum and have a test over a bunch of stuff I already knew. And we had cookies!

10. k.hawkins92

really? wow, I live in Bloomington, and all of the school systems surrounding me were closed too. Are you in the extreme north or south reigon of the state??

11. s0ccerfreak

I didn't start till Sept2. We forget everything over break and have to be re-taught lol poor teachers. I start winter break Tuesday at 12:17!

12. k.hawkins92

12:17....thats very......exact. Why that time, why not 12:18? Just curious. :D

13. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

We've had two snow days already this year. :eek:
    We'll probably have a two hour delay Friday or something :p

14. s0ccerfreak

How much are they predicting for you? We're supposedly getting 8-14 :eek: then that much again sun-mon

My school just likes random times and we have to fit around the public school bussing schedule from another town.

15. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

about the same I think, but we only have one snow day left, so idk if they'll use it up or not haha

16. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

I live in Johnson County; that's all I'm gonna say.

17. s0ccerfreak

You have limited snow days? Seriously, we have as many as needed and have never had to make one up. I'm really hoping for a snow day, but the snow to stop around noon. If it stops or starts to lighten, the bball game will be on (school rival) and we have to set up for our Christmas formal which is Saturday.

18. s0ccerfreak

Ahhhh, I love snow days. I just woke to 10 inches of snow, snow still falling, and un-plowed roads.

19. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

I had a snow day today too Rae :D