- advertisement -

Snack ideas for a teen on the go?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by TEXSONMOM, Jan 13, 2009.

1. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

DS is in college but is living home this semester. Needless to say I don't see him that often but I would like to have snacks and drinks he can grab and go. I think he is getting tired of mom's same ole boring brain buying the same ole boring snacks.

What do you all like these days?

2. NoName

NoName Approved members

Are you looking for snacks to raise BG incase of a low, or just snacks in general?
    I like little bags of chips,
    or any little candy, i.e, starbursts, skittles, they're easy to grab and go. :D Good luck finding snacks

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

peanuts, pickles, yogurt drinks, cheezy crackers, granola bars, basically any type of fruit

4. Tom15

Tom15 Approved members

cereal bars are good, or biscuits, chocolates not so good, as it is surprisingly slow to act and then has a huge spike. definately go for milk though if you can.

5. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Chocolate has a lot of fat in it, which is why it doesn't work very fast. Fat slows the absorbtion of the insulin.:D

6. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Thank you - I was vague on purpose - just interested to hear your suggestions.

I read somewhere that a little ice cream was good before bed to prevent lows.

DS knows more than I do about what spikes or kills his BG's. I just am the shopper of the family. :D Last night got crackers and cheese and salami, yogurt, chips, white castle burgers, diet lemonaide, hooked him up!!!

7. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

When I was younger, I had ice cream every night before bed to keep me stable.

8. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

I love the little packages of golf fishys, Animal crackers :) and any of those 100 calorie packages :) I always eat a lot of grapes and fruit as well cut it up and carry it around in little rubber maid containers!

9. .sarah.

.sarah. Approved members

after i'm low i usually have a peanut butter sandwich, but that can't really be "on the go"....so we have cheez-its, mini chips deluxe rainbow cookies, mini fudge stripe cookies, and famous amos.