- advertisement -

Sleeping with pump

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Tania, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Tania

Tania Approved members

I want to try unclipping my daughter's pump from her jammy bottoms and leave it beside it on the bed. Do you have any tips? Anneke is 7.

tania

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son sleeps with the pump loose on the bed. I would prefer that it stay in his pocket, but it falls out sometimes. At most the tubing is wrapped once around him. I think it better if the site doesn't get pulled by the tossing and turning a child normally does while sleeping.

3. Rob

Rob Approved members

I sleep with the pump beside me in bed all the time, and I roll around alot. worst thing i've ever had happen is wake up with it twisted around me. I just untwist it and go back to sleep. no problems at all.

4. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

I keep my pump in a shirt pocket, tubing inside the shirt.

Both daytime and sleeping. When I buy a new shirt or pocketed-T for sleeping, DW pulls out the sewing machine and we put a big button hole in the pocket, big enough to pull the tubing and infusion set connector right through.

So the tubing is under my shirt, and can't get caught on anything. EVER. :cwds:

The tubing also helps to keep the pump from falling out of the pocket, although that's not a sure thing-- so I prefer to buy shirts with buttons or snaps on the breast pocket(s). I have converted a couple of pants pockets the same way, but it's not as good: the tubing would run UNDER my belt and maybe get damaged, so I just stay with keeping the pump in my shirts.

5. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

I was really scared about pulling the site out while i sleep for a long while and kept it in a sock I safty pinned to my pj's. After awhile I decided I'd give just letting it "loose" in bed a try - I haven't really had any problems. Like everyone else has said - worst case it gets wrapped around you once. The only thing to remember is to grab it before you get out of bed - or it'll be hanging from the site and possibly rip out.

6. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Julia's pump often ends up just being in bed with her. The worst thing that has happened is I had to wake her to get the tubing unwrapped so I could adjust her basal a tid bit.

7. Jacob's Mommy

Jacob's Mommy Approved members

Whenever I buy PJ's for Jacob, my Mom will sew a pocket on the front (one on each side of his PJ's). The pocket is big enough for his pump and has a velcro close to keep the pump securely in place. As much as he turns and tosses in bed (usually ending up with his feet on his pillow) the pump has never come out of his pocket.

8. butterflygal291

butterflygal291 Approved members

i sleep with it loose beside me on the bed. it's come out a few times but usually i don't have any problems

9. cutiediabetic95

cutiediabetic95 Approved members

:D i am going 2 get a wireless one so....yeah.

10. Rhonda

Rhonda Approved members

Lilly sleeps with her pump in her pump pak so far so good no problems thus far

11. JenC

JenC Approved members

Twisted but Working.

My daughter got fed up with having to move her pump (whilst still asleep) when turning over and has found it works just as well loose (though she too gets twisted by morning too)>

12. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I clip it to my pj pants- it rarely comes unclipped

13. msmalee

msmalee New Member

Pillow

I haven't seen anyone else do this. I keep my pump under my pillow (I'm usually a stomach sleeper). That works great for me. It does get occasionally twisted around me, but that's not a big deal! And, like someone else said, you do have to remember to grab it when you get up. "Ouch!" if you don't! :cwds:

14. Florida18

Florida18 New Member

Sleeps with it rolling around.

My husband sleeps with it loose in the bed. On occassion I accidentally bump it. I get nervous but nothing happens. He has slept like this fine. Doesn't like it clipped to his PJs.

15. SusanCannon

SusanCannon Guest

My DD also uses her pump pouch. She wears it 24/7 - except when she swims or showers.

16. Znith

Znith New Member

Try here... A very good option

the night-shirts work great, my daughter loves hers.

www.mykpp.com