- advertisement -

Skins for the Ping

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Aidan'sMom, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

Does anyone know if these cover and protect the buttons??

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Hi
    Hanna is covering her ping with a skin, it is a flexible rubber and I think it protects the pump from little dings and scratches. Its not that thick, but I think it does a good job. Hanna wants more to change the color according to her mood. She has pink camo on right now.

3. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

No ,the buttons are not covered with the skin, nor is the screen. Basically, it is protecting the paint job on the pump.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I have noticed that sand or dirt can get under the skin and scratch the paint so taking it off once in a while to get out the dirt is a good idea.

5. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

Well, darn, I was hoping it covered the buttons, we have screen protectors but he has went through 3 pumps in the beginning by tearing off and picking at the buttons. His new pump, that we had to pay out of pocket for and does not have a warranty, is coming today. He leaves his pump alone now and it is in a pump pouch that he can't get in to. But he only has one and sometimes he wets the bed and he has to wear his pump in his pocket while I wash it. I was just trying to take the extra precaution with the buttons. Better safe than sorry. Any ideas??

6. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

A double zipper pouch with a small suitcase lock on it. Wow, I cannot believe you had to pay out of pocket for it:eek:

7. jack

jack New Member

can anione tell me where to get the ping skins?thanks

8. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

9. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

there $20 so ask your endo or cde if they have any or call your rep and ask them to leave you one ...they give them out all the time thats how we got ours

10. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Have you tried using shirts with pockets in the back so he can't get to the pump at all? PM me your address, and I'll send you a couple.