advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silicon Valley Endo Recommendation

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Luke's Mom, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Luke's Mom

Luke's Mom Approved members

Hi:
    My son will be graduating from college in December and shortly after relocating to the Silicon valley area (Mountain View) in California. We were fortunate to have him close to home for college. I am helping him move out there (from Pittsburgh) in January and of course my first order of business is making sure he has good doctors and decent insurance in place. His choice of insurance is Blue Shield /Blue Cross or Kaiser.
    Any recommendations are GREATLY appreciated. We do not have any experience w/ either of those insurances, so if one is better than the other when it comes to covering diabetic supplies please advise (in the process of getting approvals for the new Medtronic hybrid closed loop).
    Thanks so much!!

2. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I live in the Bay Area and i see Dr. Marina Basina at Stanford. She is a very well respected Endo who is ahead of the times with new research. She actually takes time to look through glucose trends and help to make changes when needed. I struggled with that when I first transitioned to adult Endos, they would just quickly look to make sure you were checking your blood sugars and then send you on your way. I would suggest Blue Shield/ Blue Cross. Kaiser has a lot of set standards that are suppose to work for everyone when it comes to what is covered and what isn't covered and I like to have choices. I have avoided Kaiser at all costs.

3. Luke's Mom

Luke's Mom Approved members

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. This is exactly what I was looking for!!

4. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

Glad I was able to help. Let me know if you have any other questions. I live in the South Bay, San Jose, and I work at Stanford.