- advertisement -

Sick...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ccarrol4, Sep 27, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

I have a horrible cold and I'm under the influence of Tylenol Cold and Flu, lol. I checked for ketones and they were negative. My blood sugars have been high all day today yesterday= I've only had 1 # under 200 and it was 193. Currently I'm sitting at 273. I'm correcting but not budging. I know all the sick day guidelines, and I'm following them, but I feel awful. I have my alarm set to wake me up so I can check my BG at 3am (which I only do when I'm sick or having unexplained lows). Okay, I'm done now. I really just wanted to vent to a group of people who understand D. Even though I know how to take care of myself, I always call my mom when I'm sick. She's called like a million times to see how I was feeling and what my BG was. Even though I'm away at college I like to have my mom reasure me that I'm doing everything corrctly, she's the greatest :).

2. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

I'm sorry you're feeling so icky! I hope this passes very soon for you.
    As a mom I would feel so blessed to have a daughter like you, who is so faithful in her D care! Even when you must feel "in the dumps".That's the worst.

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I'm sorry your mom can't be there to take care of you when you're feeling rotten. It must upset her. Mom's want to be able to take of their kids when they're sick no matter how old they get.

Hope you feel better soon.

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I hope you're feeling better soon Cassie!
    Keep yourself hydrated, get lots of rest, and tell your Mom you love her;)!

5. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Cassie, hope you feel better soon. Please take care of yourself, a cold is nothing to sneeze at. ;)