- advertisement -

Sick of being sick!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Sep 27, 2008.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I hate that I always seem to be sick.:mad: I can't ever have nothing wrong with me. We thought I had an infection from a sensor so I went to the doctor yesterday. I got antibiotics for that because it -might- be infected. Well, we mentioned that I'm still tired, having headaches, and not hungry. It wasn't my normal doc so he doesnt know me. He had a few possible ideas, but wasnt convinced of any. So he sent me to the lab and said if the headaches aren't getting better i need to see a neurologist to find out whats going on. So we should here by Tuesday about the lab and have a referal for the neurologist. On Friday I have to go to childrens for speech/voice therapy... And then on top of all that there is d which is not good at cooperating. I just want to be able to go to school, learn, have time/energy to do things other than homework and doctor, and have fun. I just am so sick of all of this.

2. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

That's funny. I just trecentl saw a neurologist because of my constant headaches. Have to have an MRI. I have already had a catscan.

3. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I'm sorry your not feeling up to your max. You have a lot on your plate, just hang in there. Do something that you think will have fun at. Maybe it will take your mind off of it for a while.

Hope you get everything settled out with the headaches, diabetes, and such.

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I'm sorry your not feeling your best, Rae. Hopefully, you will start feeling better. Headaches suck. I've had my fair share of them.

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Aww Rae. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. You just can't win lately, can you? Hopefully you get better soon.

6. s0ccerfreak

Thanks for the well wishes. The antibiotics seem to be helping already :) Thats one good thing. The spot is less red, warm, and painful yippeee. We'll have to wait and see for the rest of it. I try to do things I enjoy, but I get tired really quickly. I have to conserve my energy so I can get all my schoolwork done without falling asleep lol. I have 7 chapters due Tuesday for my nursing assistant class that started thursday :eek: Time to get back to schoolwork. I'll let you guys know what/if I find something out on Tuesday.

7. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Glad that the site is looking better.

I'm a procrastinator so I would have waited until Monday night to finish, so good for you for trying to get it done this weekend.

8. s0ccerfreak

So, the doctor still hasn't called us. I'm taking that as meaning they didn't find anything strange in the bloodwork? If he doesn't call tomorrow, then my mom will prolly call and ask whats up.

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Well they DO say "No news is good news..."

10. s0ccerfreak

Well, apparently they called my mom while I was at class last night (she had called earlier and talked to a diff doc and got the results, but let them tell her again) They said my thyroid and everything else were normal so go ahead and schedule with the neurologist. My mom is thinking about waiting cuz she thinks it may allergies, but i begged her not to. I know she is calling my doc tomorrow (work related) so hopefully dr.w will say something to my mom. Good news, my leg is better and we found my other novopen :) but now I have a cold on top of everything else...and the bgs sure are showing it

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  11. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

This is going to seem really odd, BUT: Have you had your eyes checked recently?? That would seriously explain the headaches...
    AND: If your BG's are whacked out, wouldn't that go with tiredness, and headaches??

12. s0ccerfreak

I had my eyes checked in june and have an appt in late october. There was nothing messed up or changed at the appt. This has been going on since the end of July, that is why they're concerned. Just the past few days have my numbers been crazy.

13. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Oh okay. I just remember that when I had to wear weaker glasses once, I had HORRIBLE headaches. Then I got my others fixed and the headaches stopped. Since July!! WOW that's gotta be difficult!! If this weren't a diabetes forum, then well, I'd say you might have diabetes, but you DO have it, and that's not the reason so welll.....

14. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Wow Rae, you are STILL getting your headaches:(? I really hope that nothing serious is wrong and that you figure everything out. Does it help if you take something like tylonel? Could it be migranes?
    Let us know how it goes!

15. s0ccerfreak

We really have no clue what it could be. I had been taking 600mg of ibuprofen at a time, but did a test by not taking it and comparing how i felt. I realized that the ibuprofen wasn't really helping, so i'm not taking anything. I just want to know whats going on and if i can get rid of them! I'm guessing that getting in to see the neurologist isn't going to be a quick thing either

16. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Have you tried Acetaminophen? I've found that sometimes Tylenol works better for me than Motrin. Hope you start feeling better soon, Rae.:)

17. s0ccerfreak

we just have generic ibuprofen and extra strength ibuprofen. So thats all i've tried. I'm just gunna chill till my mom talks to the neurologist and makes an appt. Sometimes it helps to plug my ears and cover my eyes- like at school when its super loud- but i can't do that all the time lol i'ld look pretty funny