advertisement

sick kid at college; stressed out mom

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by kim5798, Mar 29, 2017.

1. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Well, we made it to the end of March for first real sickness! She felt crummy sunday after smashing her toe in a door Saturday night. Sunday, talked to her, & she said she felt bad, figured she was upset about the toe & the not being able to go to ballet class this week....fast forward to today, Tuesday & when I checked in she said she felt, "AWFUL." I asked, have you checked temperature? she said she had felt chills, clammy, sweaty. Had she checked temp? nope. Have you checked ketones? "MY SUGARS ARE FINE." uh huh. Check your temperature. Check your ketones & call me back. Um ya. 102.8 temp & large ketones. She was blown away that she had ketones with normal sugars.

Worked with her to get ketones cleared & sent her to urgent care. Kidney infection. Antibiotics prescription. Win one for mom:) Glad my girl is on the mend.

2. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I am glad you figured it out and she is getting better! My son will be going to college in two years and I can imagine the stress!

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

These long distance mothering experiences are not for the faint of heart! Just wait until you get that call from a Junior Year Abroad that their pump has died in the middle of the night and their phone doesn't seem to be connecting to the manufacturer! FUN TIMES and GREY HAIR!:p