- advertisement -

Short video of my daughter, Mad-Dawg playing hoops yesterday...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by maddiesdad, Dec 17, 2010.

1. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

Watch for #33 in the white/yellow. She's 14 now and was diagnosed back in October of 97. Back in 97 we were in basketball season and she could barely shoot a freethrow due to lack of strength as she got sick....I was the coach and when we'd run lines, I'd get on her for loafing. I felt bad once we figured out what was going on.

Anyhow, she's a brave, strong and a fierce multi-sport athlete -- one of the tops in her school. If anything, this had made her stronger -- a fighter. For all you new folks on here, as hard as it can be to manage blood sugars with intense athletics, keep them active!

http://federalwayslam.com/videos/mad-dawg.wmv

2. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

She's a great player.

3. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

So funny ... my daughter's name is Maddie also and we call her Mad-Dawg on the field as well!! : )

4. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

Loved the video!!! She is a splendid athlete!!! What an inspiration to our younger athletic diabetics! Our ds is playing competitive sports for the first time (5th grade) and is NEVER letting his diabetes hold him back. (BRAGGING) He was the starting running back for his football team and is the point guard for his basketball team. I'm agreeing that diabetes may have made them stronger inside and out! They certainly have some fight in them! Good luck to you guys... looks like she has some heighth to her!!!