- advertisement -

Senior Project

Discussion in 'Surveys and Studies' started by xlinlin, Feb 4, 2011.

1. xlinlin

xlinlin New Member

My name is Lindsay Johnson. I am a senior and currently working on my senior project. My project is based on diabetes awareness and finding a cure, as I have type 1 diabetes myself. During the course of my project I plan to raise money and awareness for type 1 diabetes. I was wondering if you could provide me with the stories of how you or your children children were diagnosed, how long it went untreated, and such.
    Thank you.

2. Ronin1966

Ronin1966 Approved members

Hello Lindsay:

How long will you be collecting this data? When is the project handed in? :eek:

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I think you might want to ask and focus on A1c at diagnosis (the higher, the more likely the person'd had it for a while), complications at diagnosis or soon after, and DKA status at diagnosis. You can find a bit on that already published.

Me personally: diagnosed at 17, in moderate DKA, A1c above 16%, had been overtly sick for a few months, losing weight steadily for over two years, and had symptoms that went away after diagnosis that had been going on for about four years. I also had earlier episodes of what I now suspect were hypoglycemia starting about five years before diagnosis.
    I have neuropathy in my feet.
    I am now 22 years old.