- advertisement -

School nurses day coming up

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, May 2, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Just a reminder that school nurses day is coming up, Wednesday, May 9.

Please share ideas of what you are doing for your nurse:)

2. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Thanks for the reminder!!! I don't know what we'd do without our wonderful school nurse. Looking forward to reading some good ideas and suggestions :D

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

The last two years we've done cookie bouquets. This year I might do an Edible Arrangement.

4. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

5. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Thank you for bringing this up! This is our first year, so hadn't heard of it before. I reeeaally value our nurse so will def do something.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

We give her a bouquet of flowers. Everyone loves flowers. :)

7. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

Thanks for telling us about it. Maybe I will go get her some flowers. I do have a pig I got her for her end of school gift (she LOVES pigs) maybe I will give that to her with a little something

8. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

next week is also Teacher Apprecation week -
    our teacher does more for us then our school nurse does as she is there one day a week

9. suz

suz Approved members

10. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

I gave Hana's nurse a gift last year, don't remember what (Probably flowers or a plant) but I also sent an email to the principal of the school and the Superintendent of the school district saying what a wonderful nurse she was and the great care she takes of Hana and all the children in the school district.
    She seemed to really appreciate it.

11. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I got lanyards from:

www.boojeebeads.com. They have some really nice stuff for a fair price.

12. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Ooooh, I did this last year too. I framed it as a letter to the superintendent telling him how much I appreciated that our school district values nurses enough to keep a full-time nurse in all of the schools, and then went on to tell him specifically how awesome our particular nurse is. I copied the principal and our nurse with the letter.

13. CameronsMom

CameronsMom Approved members

I had no idea there was such a thing as Nurse's Day!! Thank you for telling me. Maybe we'll do an Edible Arrangement or have flowers delivered. Or do you think it would be more personable to have Cameron make/bake something for her? Maybe he can pick out the flowers!

Our school nurse is outstanding and always goes above and beyond!! :D

14. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I think this is really the most valuable gift you can give a school nurse. Admins need to be reminded that the nurse is vital to the safety and wellbeing of some kids and that his/her work is not all bandaids and tummy aches.

Of course presents are nice, too :p

15. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Not that we have a school nurse...but I just ordered gifts for teachers and the children's closest friends from personalization.mall.com. I also love the etsy personalized jewelry. I'm making a plug for the store "Nayeli".

16. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I agree. Perfect idea!

17. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We got our nurses cute "Nurse" bracelets last year...but we also emailed the principal (with the nurses cc'd) letting him know how special and appreciated they are, too.

I like the edible bouquet idea! Might look into that for this year!:)

18. suz

suz Approved members

I have attempted to write a letter for the principal and health services director (nurses direct boss), but am terrible at this kind of thing. :confused:

Would anyone be willing to share what they did, to give some pointers? I plan on emailing it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

19. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

I will be sending a letter along with a personal gift. :cwds: DS enjoys giving a personal gift to his teacher and nurse. I want the powers that be to know how invaluable his nurse is!