- advertisement -

Scared/nervous?!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kinder23, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kinder23

kinder23 Approved members

High school starts on monday! And I have been homeschooled for the pass 2 years (7th and 8th grade) due to my axiouty. I have OCD, ADD, axiouty, and. You guessed it type 1 diabetes. I tend to get extreme panic attacks and nervous break downs (I'm also extremely sensitive the slightest comment can make me cry!) I freak out and get panic attacks when I go low (espesially when I'm not home) so when I go somewhere and I have a low I freak out twice as much as they average person with axiouty and type 1. When I go to school I'm afraid I will freak out if I get a low in class. I have a high tolerance for pain but a very low tolerance for not feeling well. I do not like not feeling well at all so I have a panic attack. So I'm scared about how I will react in class during a low. And if things weren't bad enough (I am also very shy so it hard for me to make new friends) I only have about three friends and none of them are in my classes also there is nobody I know in my lunch period! So today reality hit me and I realized that I was going to high school and I new nobody in my classes and especially lunch! So I had a panic attack that lasted about an hour and eventually I calmed down. But I'm scared I want to go back to homeschooling but I don't want to! I want to have more friends and go to public school.
    Btw sorry if I had any misspellings!

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

This must be a hard decision for you to make, but I applaud your courage to try it! You might want to remember that there are lots of kids who are worried about making friends, who they'll eat with at lunch and generally feeling lost the first few months of high school. I know that your anxiety disorder make these "normal" worries more intense...but just think about all the other kids who worry! My daughter was one of those who was scared but did make it through and find some friends (by joining a club). Here's wishing you lots of courage and hope for a good school year! :)

3. theMask

theMask Approved members

Well, you can always ask your doc if there is medication (I really really hate this spell check making me type and spell correctly!) that you can take for your panic attacks. You're going to have to come out into the world eventually, don't let your OCD, anxiety, Panic disorder, T1D or anything else get you down. Be strong and be above it. Relax when you go to school, hunch your head and shoulders down if need be, you don't take in as much of the world around you that way. You'll be there to learn, so just focus on learning, and maybe make a couple friends along the way. Ya gonna go places and do great things if you stay persistent :cool:.

-theMask, who has extreme mood swings and irrational tendencies, among other mental issues.

4. ntfrazz

ntfrazz Approved members

Hey, good luck with High School this year; I'm transitioning from High School to Home School this year and I'm pumped about it. You shouldn't have trouble with anyone about diabetes. When I was diagnosed in 2010 my friends thought it was weird or gross but after I explained it to them they calmed down. They even started asking if they could check their BG or give me my shot (I would NOT advise that, unless they know FOR SURE what they are doing). There is ALWAYS someone who will make faces or gagging sounds when you check or dose but I just ignored them.

5. kinder23

Well i have been going to school for two weeks not but last week i didn't really go at all because i have a stomach virus. But it was okay i was only nervous the first to days the rest of the days i was so bored i almost fell asleep in class. For my anxiety i take lexapro Idk how to spell it i think i have been taking it since january or something i honestly dont remember. But it doesnt seem to be working like i dont notice anything diffrent. Its the weekend and my mom went to the school to pick up my school work. So i have this weekend to make up some work. I only got three subjects so for the other subjects will be annoying to catch up in.

6. kinder23

I also sit at a lunch table with an friend I made from swim team during them summer and eventually our friend groupmatnthe lunch table grew to 5 people including me. Today I just found out that two of them (that I hav been eatin lunch with for the past three weeks) had type one diabetes! I had no idea huge lack of communication!

7. VeronicaH

VeronicaH New Member

I suffer from Deppression [due to the diabetes] and Type 1 Diabetes and i also had anxiety attacks when my blood sugar got low but as time went by it kinda came naturally to do what i had to do and overcame it even though school has started i wish you the best of luck....:D