- advertisement -

Salter scale done :( what's best available?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BittysMom, Jul 24, 2013.

1. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

I loved my salter scale, especially for produce, potatoes, pasta and rice. Now that it's unresponsive I'm on a quest for an equivalent scale. One that has a database that I can enter "pea" and peach will pop up and tell me the carbs. What are the best replacements? Thanks.

2. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

We like the taylor scale it has a food database that has just about everything DD eats.

3. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Have you tried to return it? I had a new one shipped to me as I fortunately still had the receipt. They have a 10 year warranty.

4. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

I have both EatSmart and Perfect Portions (bought PP for my DD to take to the camp and of course she didn't use it even once :(). I like them both, but PP looks better :cool: and is lighter.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I'd just get another Salter.

6. BittysMom

I thought they were out of production. I'll try the warranty route though and see what happens. Otherwise, thanks for the alternate suggestions.

7. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

8. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

This is so funny that I found this thread as I was just about to post the same thing. I have 2 salter 1450 scales and they both are dead. I emailed the company as I too found them out of production. I will repost when I get a response. Maybe I will call them tomorrow. They both were purchased under 10 years ago.

9. BittysMom

Ha! I emailed them. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

10. Charmed7

Charmed7 Approved members

My husband is getting a scale that sends info to his android app. He's reviewing it for his weight loss blog, but we're excited to use it for D purposes too. Wish I knew the name of it.... Maybe after we get it I'll do a review here too.

(Sorry not a helpful post!)

11. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Got an email response. If you PM me your email addy I can forward it to you. If you purchased it online then download your receipt.