- advertisement -

Ryan lost his pump today...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2rh, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

At his league championship swim meet. :eek:

I asked him to test. He did, apparently needed insulin because he started looking around for it. He usually keeps it in his jean pocket when he detaches. Nope.

I sent him to the locker room where he changed after scouring the area where he and his team mates had strewn all their belongings. I went to the head score keepers table and asked for lost and found. Mentioned it was blue...and he said he had seen something like that at the table across the pool. Phew. There it was...someone had turned it in! Yea!

I was trying not to panic...but in the back of my mind was the knowledge we are getting a new Ping in a week or two...but today's championship meet would have been over with no insulin. Luckily that didn't happen.

Oh...and they won! Woo hoo! Ryan swam great! :D

2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Oh, phew! I'm glad it was found. That must have been stressful.

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

You still want the old pump to turn in for the $700 credit toward the new pump.

I am glad that all ended well -- both in winning the meet and finding the pump.

4. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Hmmm...no one mentioned a credit. :confused:

I'll have to ask. I was thinking I'd keep the trusty cozmo around for back up.

5. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

back up pumps are sooo nice. Matt has my dads pump. Nobody has asked for it back. I know it has no warrenty, but thats ok.

6. colebenmom

colebenmom Approved members

Glad it was found. Congrats on the win!

7. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

I'm not sure but I think the credit for turning in your old pump may have expired. When we checked into it I don't remember them offering that amount for Cozmo. Seems like it was 400 or 500.

I could be wrong, though, so check it out.

8. dianas

dianas Approved members

Last April Animas gave me $700 credit for turning in my Minimed.

Diana

9. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

The pump turn in program that animas was doing has expired. They gave a $700 credit toward the cost of getting a new pump if you turned in your old one.. they did minimed, animas and cozmo. I had a friend who missed it by just a few days... She didnt get a new pump.

10. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Thanks! They beat out their cross town rivals...who beat them last week for the first time in 20 years! It was good to get some "revenge."

I heard about the trade in program when Cozmo announced they were getting out of the pump business...but we loved and still love the pump and didn't want to get a new one (still don't)...so I guess I won't be asking about the trade in! Thanks for the info!

11. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Oh man, that would have given me a heart attack. I purposely have insurance on Elizabeth's pump just in case something like that happens to us. I'm so glad you found it!!

12. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm so glad he found it!:D I just thought I would add that Seth keeps his open vial of insulin in his bag and I have three or four syringes thrown in the bottom of his bag too. If you do that, pump or no pump the day would not be ruined. At Seth's last football game his pod got knocked off. Because of the backup supplies we stayed at the game then went out for mexican food after:) We were 45 minutes from home so it could have gotten ugly...

13. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

I have never thought to do that, Heather...because my thought has always been that if something goes wrong with the pump, we can get insulin from it. I frankly never thought we'd be in a position of not having the pump! LOL I might have to rethink that though...

14. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Glad you found it. I would have freaked out!!

Great job Ryan!!