- advertisement -

Royal Pains

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Illinifan, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I'm suprised to show up here at 3:00pm Eastern and not see a thread about last night episode of "Royal Pains" on USA.

Hank has been treating a business associate of Boris' for a couple of weeks now because the associate is a non-compliant Type 1.

The medical info was accurate, but a little compressed for time. The cool things were the discussions about testing, DKA, insulin, MDI, insulin pumps (complete with a cameo of a Pod) and a diabetic alert Jack Russell Terrier ("I like him. I'm keeping him." "I borrowed him. I have to take him back." "He likes me and I like him. He's mine.")

Am I the only who saw it?

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Think I saw a mention of it in an email or on FB. We don't watch the show. I find that there is very little of interest on t.v. esp. in the summer. Jeff's out of town so I've been ironing while watching the Olympics. When they end (or the switch to boxing, which I don't enjoy), I will return to reading. Trying to catch up on the stack of 15 books I'd put aside to read. I know we have at least 20 more I would read if I had time. No "Fifty Shades of Grey" in our library.

3. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

To be honest, I've never even heard of the show.

4. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I watched it and of course texted the kiddo "they have pods on TV!" Love the show.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

I never heard of the show either but I would have loved to watch it had I known! Shucks!

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

I stopped watching the show last season. Not really sure why, I just lost interest. That said, when I heard about this episode, I DVR'd it. It was great to see the Omnipod displayed (although it was an old PDM) but it was placed vertically instead of horizontally on his stomach. Yes, I know it's a TV show so it's not a big deal - I DID crack up when the character was asked how he felt with the pod on his belly and he said "Sexy"! :p

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

It looks like some episodes are available for online watching. Does anyone know the episode number or title of the show last night? Caspi, my granddaughter won't wear the pod on her stomach so I was not aware the pod has to go horizontally there. What is the thinking behind that? She wears it vertically on her arms and legs. Just wanting to learn in case she ever will put it on her stomach.

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

My son wears his on his thighs and wears it vertically there as well. Apparently the back, belly and butt are supposed to be horizontal. Here's the info from Omnipod... http://www.myomnipod.com/pdf/14095-AW Pod Placement-Adhesion Tips R3 03-12 FINAL.pdf.

9. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Not sure of last nights episode but I watch them on Hulu for free and they list the date. Unfortunately, we gave up cable for insulin and gluten free food.

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

11. Illinifan

USA replays its original shows throughout the week so you can probably catch it even if you don't have PrimeTime on Demand.

12. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

I've watched the show a few times but I just can't get into it. This is the second time they had Type 1 on the show. ;)

13. Illinifan

Never got around to answering this question.

The episode was called "Maninmal" (in reference to another storyline). It is Season 4, Episode 8.

14. Sari

Sari Approved members

My hubby and I were watching it! It was amusing to watch. At first we thought Hank was just bringing him a dog that would magically sense his highs and lows. At least he said it was a loaner dog. :)

15. sooz

sooz Approved members

Thank you, that is very helpful. I will look for it!

16. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

Just watched it so want Stanley he is much cuter than our Dexcom,louder too.:D

17. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

18. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

I absolutely love Royal Pains. They are actually pretty good in their handling of type 1. There is another show where Divya give the type 1 prednisone without thinking and he ends up in DKA. I believe that was last season. I will try to find the info about that one.
    Wendy