- advertisement -

right sided abdominal pain / constipation / pale color poop

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Apr 18, 2014.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

My oldest has been having cramping pain on the right since Sunday it is waxing and waining but she looks horrible. We go for an ultrasound this AM.

Wonderind if this sounds familiar to anyone?

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

A differential diagnosis includes a bile duct obstruction or acute pancreatitis.

Please let us know what you find out after the U/S. I hope your daughter feels better soon!

3. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

I had similar symptoms at the very beginning of this year. Ultrasound showed nothing. Then doctor suggested a HIDA scan and came back at 28% infraction (or something like that lol) but I meet with a surgeon Friday...gallbladder will have to come out probably.

Very strange to see it in kids and teenagers but it's happened. Does it hurt after she eats?

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Ultrasound showed swollen groin lymph node!

She is already feeling better but NOW her bgs are elevated, I swear I can never figure these things out. Feels horrid but bgs good/ok, then feeling better and bgs get stuck in th 200 s no matter how much insulin I throw at her.

I am glad we did the ultrasound, I was starting to think she was playing the sick card for a little too long, can not fake something like that, also confirmed constipation.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Not sure if this all explains the pale color? Or just the bug she was fighting off ?

6. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Happy to hear your McKenna is feeling better! Hopefully her BGs will soon follow suit.

How's your Madison doing with her new dx?

Take care!

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Madison is doing great, no insulin yet but having her go to th clinic to get her afternoon snack, just to get her and her class used to the concept. Talked to her class about the CGM and little about D, so far so good.

8. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

When was her last celiac panel? This sounds EXACTLY like my daughter before her celiac diagnosis. Though constipation is a less classic symptom than the opposite, the pale color is indeed classic. She also had significant cramping and discomfort.

9. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

A full year ago. I don't think it is celiac, her bg goes up pretty quickly so seems to be absorbing ok.

thankfully she made it our 4 hour car trip today without issue but after the pool, had diarrhea twice and it was stinky, but color was more normal.TMI I am so sorry!

I have the lab slip and we will do the blood work as soon as I can figure out a fasting day.