advertisement

Resource for Parents of Teens with T1D

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cassady Kintner, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Cassady Kintner

Cassady Kintner New Member

Hey all! My name is Cassady Kintner and I am a therapist, coach (and cat lover) and I've had type 1 diabetes for over 23 years. I wanted to let everyone know about a resource for parents of kids and teens with T1D because diabetes is a FAMILY DISEASE--one person gets it, everyone gets it and diabetes burnout is REAL!

As you well know, careful management with your teen is a full-time job. But with school, activities, friends and college on the horizon, you and your teen may be feeling overwhelmed by the idea of managing sugar levels AND living a “normal” life.

Through some ups and downs (both physical and emotional!), I have learned first-hand how to live a full life and manage my diabetes without ignoring it, blaming myself or beating myself up along the way, and I'd love to share my tools and insight with you too. There is so much I wish my parents had known while I was growing up, and by joining my free Facebook group, you can learn how to:
    -Work WITH your teen to structure a solid plan for empowering them to take care of their health and achieve healthy blood sugars consistently.
    -Get off the emotional rollercoaster and stop diabetes from dictating mood and self-worth.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://tinyurl.com/yadl8thy and add to your toolbox of support!

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Hi Cassady and welcome to the site.

I think it is great that you are trying to give back and help people manage this illness as well as the caregivers of the people who have it. I agree with you that burnout is real, both for the person directly effected as well as the caregivers. I am not on FaceBook (yeah, I know, I know) but I hope your group will help people. Nice Job!

Cassady Kintner and rgcainmd like this.