- advertisement -

Reset Dex Receiver?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Jacque471, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Does anyone do this? Our Endo wanted to have us email her our patient file so she could review the info periodically and make suggestions. We haven't been doing it because the file got too large to email any more.

So has anyone reset their receiver? It basically wipes it clean, erases your settings and you "start over". Also the next time you download you will have a new patient file. We already had 2, one from the 7 and one from our upgrade to the Seven Plus. So now we will have a 3rd, since I reset it on Sunday.

Two words of caution.
    1. Download before resetting or you will lose all data (I did download so we are fine)
    2. Resetting it will require a sensor restart. (I didn't think of that when I hooked it up and did it LOL.)

I am just thinking eventually the receiver will get bogged down with so much data in memory, so maybe doing this periodically will give it a fresh start. I am thinking at least every 6 months. Possibly around each Endo Visit so every 3 months.

Any thoughts, good idea, bad idea, no idea? LOL

2. Toni

Toni Banned

No, have never done this and would ask Dexcom tech support if that is okay. DN has only been using Dexcom a short time and there has been technical issues. We have had one Receiver, a new transmitter, and they just sent us another new Receiver. Now her readings have been spot on, past two days. Hope it continues. So very pleased with Dexcom tech support. They go above and beyond. They really stand by and support their product. Don't know why you would reset the Receiver because if it isn't working properly Dexcom would replace it.

3. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Is it the place on the back where you use a pen? Not sure, but we did that in the beginning when we thought we had receiver issues.

4. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

No, this is an actual reset that you have to do through the software that you use to download it. The Dexcom nurse actually recommended it to us because our Endo was doing a trial of a Dex and wanted to see some data since she didn't have any to download yet herself.

Basically it is what they do when they do the loaner/trial receivers through Dr. offices. It reset the receiver to "factory settings" and erases the memory. Then they can use the same one for different patients each time.

Ours is working fine and fairly spot on (as usual) after the reset, so I am not worried about having done it, just wondering what others think. I have no idea what the memory is on a receiver, but I can say the file for the last 5 months is huge. That's a lot of numbers being registered every 5 minutes.

The button on the back is a soft reset, which was the only way to reboot it really with the old 7 system. Now with the 7+ there is the shutdown option that does basically the same thing. We had used the soft reset button when having some issues within in the first month or so, but can't recall what the reason our Trainer gave us for situations in which to use it since we haven't needed it again.

5. Toni

Toni Banned

I think if Dex tech support recommended it, it would be okay.

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Betty and I both reset ours all the time. If a person lends their Dex to someone else its easy enough to erase all the data and start fresh.

Our Endo downloads our dex when we see her. If I ever only feel like sharing two weeks worth of data I can do a reset two weeks before our appointment. I've never done it, but I like the option. Sometimes I feel like every single reading (every 5 min) over the last three months is more info than I ought to have to share with her.