- advertisement -

Replacing a Pump/PDM due to damage

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by phil413, Feb 24, 2009.

1. phil413

phil413 Approved members

Ok...quick question.

Let's say that your 6 year old knocked your 9-year old's pump off the counter as it was sitting there getting ready to be filled and primed to put in a new site.

If, due to the drop, the pump screen was no longer working, would you have to pay for a whole new pump?

This is all hypothetical, of course ;)

2. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Ours cracked due to a slight knock and they replaced it. We sent back the old one.

3. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

They are under warranty for 4 years. I was told they would even repair when the screen gets scratched.

4. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

same here...replaced when the rubber coating over the buttons started to peel. Another replaced for a scratched screen...your probably fine!

5. phil413

phil413 Approved members

Thanks for the quick response...I posted the thread while I was on hold with Insulet. The rep initially told me that I would have to pay to have it replaced since I admitted that we had knocked it off the counter. BUT, after I questioned him, he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that they would be replacing it at no charge. Basically, he said it should withstand that type of fall (which it has many times :) ) So, big sigh of relief here.

Now I just have to figure out the whole Lantus thing because they cannot overnight it until tomorrow morning, it won't be here until Thursday.

Fun stuff!

6. Lance

Lance Approved members

...hypothetically, of course! :rolleyes:

7. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

was the pod already started and can run basal till new pump arrive, and just give bolus shots.

8. phil413

phil413 Approved members

Unfortunately the new pod was not yet started...so we started on Lantus tonight and we will have one more shot tomorrow night before getting a new PDM on Thursday.

9. M&M's mom

M&M's mom Approved members

Insulet is great. After one month Makenzie's screen cracked, (either from a drop by me, or in her HEAVY backpack) and they shipped us a new one as well.

10. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

That is great they replaced it at no charge.

One morning I was doing a Pod change as well..and when I opened my cupboard to my supplies something fell out, and knocked my PDM right into the dog's water bowl below:eek:. We had to pay for a new one.