- advertisement -

Removing adhesive

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by GinaB, Mar 11, 2010.

1. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

Joseph is 11 so he doesn't like me to help too much with some things. When we do a site change for the Dex he never seems to be able to get all the adhesive off so there are black spots all around his tummy. He showers and uses a soapy washcloth but it's not working well enough. Is there anything he could put on the spots to loosen them up before a shower?

Thanks

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Baby oil does wonders. Soak the pad for a while, then shower with soap. The baby oil melts the adhesive, then the soap washes the oil away.

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

We use DeSolvIt that we order from amazon.com. We squirt it on before a bath or shower and all residue is magically washed away.

It's also great for many laundry stains, bubblegum in a kids hair, and those wierd black marks that show up on my wood floors. :)

It's very skin, kid, allergy friendly.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Any orange oil based cleaner works great too.. which includes super easy to find things like orange glo and goo gone :)

Unless he is allergic to citrus it shouldn't cause any problems.. I'm allergic to everything under the sun and I can use this stuff with no problems.

5. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We bought the unisolve wipes, it comes right off, have basically the same ingredients as the other stuff people recommended here . . .

6. Eric's mom

Eric's mom Approved members

A plain old alcohol wipe get all that sticky black stuff off too. I assume the black spots are just fibers from his clothes.

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I just did a circle search on dd last night to remove all the dark outlines of the site tape. I used a cotton pad with Bio Oil on it--came right off. Bio oil is great for scars too so I was happy to rub this stuff on her. It's expensive though. I use baby oil too.

Oh, and you don't have to wash off the babyoil or Bio oil, just rub it in once you get the circle off with a cotton pad.

8. bbirdnuts@aol.com

bbirdnuts@aol.com Approved members

Alcohol works here too.

9. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

Thank you for all the great responses. I love the CWD family!