My daughter has had 5 lab-confirmed strep throat infections in the past 15 months, and another couple that were suspected but not confirmed. When she has strep throat, it presents with persistently low bgs, ketones, lack of appetite, and vomitting. It's basically a nightmare for us and her to manage Type 1 until the antibiotics kick in. We took her to an ENT today. Based on what Dr. Google said, I had expected that the ENT would propose maintenance-dose antibiotics as a first step. Instead, the ENT suggested that we proceed straight to tonsillectomy. My husband and I are a little apprehensive about signing up for elective surgery, although we also live in fear of the next bout of strep throat. Knowing my daughter, I think this will be traumatic for her, as she was pretty freaked out by being given anesthesia before her celiac endoscopy, and is still talking about it 4 months later. So we're trying to decide whether to go straight to endoscopy or take a wait-and-see approach. Has anyone been through this -- either the recurrent strep, or the tonsillectomy? Any insight on whether this is the right course of action?