- advertisement -

Rechargeable batteries - anyone have success using them w. MM or Animas ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Aug 2, 2014.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Rechargeable batteries - anyone have success using them w. MM or Animas ?

2. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

I did it for a little while. It works fine but the battery indicator isn't as reliable. If you're willing to accept that and not tell tech support you are doing it, give it a shot. It won't hurt anything and then you can decide what your own priorities are. I also used lithium alkalines in MM for a while but wasn't happy with the response from the battery indicator, I like knowing not guessing.

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

would not with MM. We've even had trouble using non-energizer batteries. The pump did some funky things, MM insisted it was the use of duracell batteries. Can't imagine what would happen with a rechargeable.

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

So far the MM just responded bad battery. So I am trying to figure out what to change. I'd like to try it, and just be sure to bring a alkaline with me wherever I go. I can't imagine how this works with animas. The animas could eat through an alkaline in 2 days, and it just bothered me so much buying lithium because they are so expensive in Canada.

I had a former cozmo user tell me they were getting much better battery life on MM, I feel like its the exact opposite.

any tricks for rechargeables would be great, weird how I never entertained the idea in the time I had cozmo pumps.

5. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

We have the ping. I had to change the battery and had regular duracell batteries on hand so I decided to try them. I've always used Lithium before. I saw no difference. They lasted pretty much about the same amount of time. I don't know if you're using cheap alkaline batteries like Kodak (which IMO are horrible) but my experience with duracell was completely fine. Just be sure to change the "lithium" to "alkaline" in the pump

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

I have no experience with using either pumps but the problem with rechargeable batteries is that an alkaline battery has around 1.6V new and a rechargeable NiCD/NiMH has around 1.2V ... maybe 1.4V. If the device is looking at voltage as an indicator of a low battery then a fully charged rechargeable battery with a HUGE capacity still looks like a spent alkaline.

7. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Thanks for the reply, from what you are describing to me MM won't accept a recharged battery because it rejects anything but a fresh alkaline.