- advertisement -

Received Omnipod Start Up Kit!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MaryMom, Feb 5, 2010.

1. MaryMom

MaryMom Approved members

I'm still up after the 3:00 am check. Our daughter was 376. The only thing going on with her is a runny nose for the last couple of days. I would hate to see what happens when she gets a full blown virus or flu.

But we do have a bit of good news!!

Our daughter was soooo excited when the UPS guy delivered a large box yesterday. She opened it up and it was her new Omnipod PDM, and three boxes of pods and the start up kit. They also put a white "gel skin" in the box. She wished it had been purple:cwds:

Anyway, she read through most of the instruction book, and now we wait for the set up appointment. Just having the box of pods in the house has made her quite the happy girl today!!

On another note, our insurance denied the Dexcom CGMS. Our doctor said he would write a letter and re-submit. We hope it goes through this time.

2. tesa

tesa Approved members

Hi Mary. We received our starter kit from Omnipod last week and our pump training day is February 16! My daughter is so excited, too. She has been waiting almost one year for this day. She has wanted the pump since day 1, and finally that day is almost here. Keep us posted on your progress as will I! :cwds:

3. MaryMom

MaryMom Approved members

Do you already have a sensor or will you be getting one?

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

Congrats!!:) I hope your start up goes smoothly!

5. tesa

tesa Approved members

Sorry, just getting back to you. No, we are not getting the sensor as of now. I hope your insurance goes through the second time for you and you can get the CGM.

Btw, have you watched the Caleb and Omnipod videos on youtube.com? He is the cutest little boy and we have learned alot by watching these. Just put in "Caleb and Omnipod" in the search and it will pull up different videos. We liked watching the pod change one to see what we are in for. He makes it look pretty simple.