- advertisement -

Received Dexcom, but feel..I dont' know what I feel (cost)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sincity2003, Oct 22, 2013.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

When we started CGMing we paid at least $65?a month, but now that I have found a supplier that I can get them under our rx prescription instead we are paying about $3.25 a month because we get 2 boxes a month and each sensor can last about 2weeks. For us it is cheaper to CGM than to test 10-12 times a day!

So you have to really look and make calls to double check the coverage that you have.

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

I've had very different experiences with expired sensors. I've noticed they tend to have a fairly accurate expiry ... much like our milk.

3. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Please ppl CALL Foundation Care!! I use medco/express scripts as our mail order and they didn't carry sensors so I called foundation care and got 2 boxes for $15!!!! Even if you don't think it will work, Call them anyway. You may be shocked at what they can arrange!!

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes, I totally thought that I had to order under our DME coverage. Nope, I can get them under the rx coverage.

So much better cost wise.

And they are great,

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We are waiting right now to see what the outcome of a snafu will be.

Edgepark shipped too many sensors - 2 boxes in June 15 then 1 more July 26. Top that off with 2 more Oct. 7th and BCBS is refusing to pay for the last shipment! (Insurance covers 1 box per month and I didn't realize what was happening, trusting Edgepark to know when and how many to ship)

We have a statement saying we will owe Edgepark $497 for two boxes of sensors that *sat in a mailbox over the weekend* because Edgepark changed their shipping method without letting me know.
    I had them ship sensors to me at work so they wouldn't sit in the heat/cold on my front porch. Worked fine when they came UPS and the guy brought them inside. Last shipment came in the POST! I found out Sunday night that $500 worth of sensors had been sitting in the mailbox at work since Saturday afternoon! :mad::mad:

Of course, I wrote on the box so I would know why these sensors failed (if they failed) - because of sitting in a mailbox over the weekend! Waiting to see if they will take them back since the box may be "damaged" because I wrote on it. Yeah, if they sat in a mailbox over the weekend, the sensors may be damaged - never mind the box! I should have just refused the shipment when they arrived because of that.

Question: Do your sensors have a seal on the box? Guy asked me if I had broken the seal on the boxes, and I don't recall any of them ever being sealed.

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Boxes right in front of me and they do not have any seal or any way to tell if the box has been opened. Unless they are talking about the shipping box.

7. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Thanks. That's what I thought. They were talking about the actual box of sensors, because he specified that he thought I had "broken the seal" on one box but not the other one, since I had used one sensor out of one box.

Don't know what they are going to work out, but since they shipped them too soon, it's on them to get it worked out with BCBS.