- advertisement -

REALLY stubborn high

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Timmy Mac, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

My bloodsugar has been well over 300 for the past 8 HOURS and it really doesn't seem to be reacting to insulin AT ALL.

For lunch today I had a cheeseburger (37 carbs), a slice of home made bread (30...ish carbs), and a Micky D medium fry (50 carbs) Usually this wouldn't be that bad of a lunch. I would normally take 12 units and it would cover it.

Well... I forgot my shot :(

2:00 rolls around. I check myself, and my bloodsugar is 368. I suddenly had that "oh crap" moment, and I took 12 units to cover the missing shot. 3 hours go by and I'm now... 402! This time I take 14 MORE units and go tell my mom.

She screams at me for forgetting my shot and doesn't help. "OMG thats dangerous! you're going to lose your legs like you're aunt did!!!"

I decided to take a nap, mainly because I felt bad from the high and I was resisting the urge to cuss my mom out. I stayed asleep for about 4 hours. When I woke up I'm STILL at 347 :mad: So I take 12 MORE units and I'm now waiting for it to (hopefully) come down.

ugh... I'm starting to think I forgot my Lantus shot this morning also. No high bloodsugar has EVER taken me 38 units to get down.

2. ciarak

ciarak Approved members

I hate them type of highs, no matter what you do they just do not want to come down :confused: they suck :p
    your mum didn't seem very helpful at all :/ Hope it comes down for you :)
    :cwds:

3. Timmy Mac

FINALLY!

I never thought I would be happy to see a 68 in my life.

4. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

5. Timmy Mac

thanks for the link! I've heard somewhere that taking a bath and exercise would help, but I wouldn't have thought massaging would!
    I would try a muscle injection, but It might take me a bit to work up the nerve to do it! (I hate that feeling) but If it would prevent another one of these.. I might try it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. mocha

mocha Approved members

I hate those stubborn highs. Glad you finally came down!

7. wilf

wilf Approved members

If you're giving yourself monster corrections like that, you need to measure sooner than 3 hours later.

My guess is you've been going low, rebounding, and driving up your insulin resistance to boot.

Please tell your mom from me to not scream at you.. :)

8. Timmy Mac

No offense, but I don't think that would go over very well lol:

"Hey mom, Wilf said that you shouldn't yell at me"
    "Who's Wilf?"
    "Some guy I met online"
    "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO ON THOSE SITES!"

also, I don't think I was rebounding. I usually feel my lows, especially rapid drops... but I never felt it with those first two shots :/ I mean, its possible, but I'm not sure.