- advertisement -

Really Diabetes,Really? And What Was That Book

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, Oct 14, 2013.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

1. What was the book the was recommended for children and adolescents with Diabetes. We have the Pink Panther and Think Like A Pancreas?
    Any insight into what is happening here. We are reacting to the changes,but I always like to know why. After increasing insulin like crazy for no reason we could find,except maybe puberty,or the end of the honeymoon we have had to decrease just as dramatically. I'm thinking her pancreas is making a brief comeback,and soon will get"tired"and will take a break again.
    Any other thoughts?

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Probably your thinking of Ragnar Hanas' book.

3. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

Could be puberty related. Could be growth hormones which are now backing off. Could be the moon. Could be the weather. Could be an illness her system was fighting. Could be diabetes.

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Sounds like a perfect description of a T1 girl in puberty.

5. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

LOL...Could be the moon! :D

Oh so true!! I've given up trying to figure out why. It seems with the on the onset on puberty, anything can make sugars wonky....including the moon. ;)

6. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Puberty - dd started in 4th grade with periods of increased insulin nneeds due to growth hormone causing insulin resistance, then as soon as it started would stop and need to decrease basals. When her periods started she's insulin resistant about a week or two before her cycle, then lower blood sugars and insulin needs when her period starts. Was alittle bit easier when her periods started - i could look at the calander and see ehats going on. Hang in there!

7. manda81

manda81 Approved members

Haha... I love this!

8. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

Love this. I try explaining this to people: "her body does what it wants, no two days are ever the same"