- advertisement -

Really annoyed

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Sarah Maddie's Mom, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Must vent.

Really annoyed that all my good, heartfelt intentions of exercising, and even visualizing myself actually exercising is having absolutely NO EFFECT on my body whatsoever!

How unfair is that?!:cool:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

(excuse me while I wipe the chocolate away from my mouth)

Me neither!

3. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I hear ya. I started watching the 10 Minute Trainer DVDs while drinking coffee and folding laundry on the floor and I have seen NO RESULTS. Rip off.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

LOL

yup, just like that:D

5. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Here is a tip...Drop 300 calories from your diet and then you will see more results from your exercise...Oh and drink at LEAST 8-10 cups of water or any other calorie free drink..

6. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I sooooooo hear you :mad: I have dropped down to 1100 calories a day, increase my exersize by 15 minutes (added the wii fit back in with the aerobic) and I have GAINED 6 lbs and 2 inches :mad: At first I figured that I was gaining muscle and losing inches but I started to measure and I have put on inches around my waist :mad: I don't think I can drop any more calories. The night time eating is taking up a lot of those and I haven't been able to get that to stop. I started unisom and that has cut out about 3 or 4 times of getting up to eat but not all of it. I am soooo frustrated....

7. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

try HIP HOP ABs...lol my kids call me getto mom..because of it...

still waiting for results.....:p

8. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Nicole and others, 1100 calories a day sounds really really low to me. I know they say that the best way to lose weight is keep your calories-in lower than your calories-out, but I am a firm believer in balanced diet, and at 1100 calories, I can't see how a good balance of all the major food groups can fit in there. I am also a firm believer that the body craves each food group and if it doesn't get it, that's when it gets angry and starts to store fat. Lately I've been slacking on my excercise, but I've been keeping up my "make sure I have at least 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 yogurt, 1 glass of milk" per day diet. Breads and meats are a given in my diet, that's why I home in on those 4 items per day. So far this year I lost 5 pounds and I know I would lose alot more if the weather wasn't so crazy so that I could go outside and do some excercise. Hopefully this spring and summer!!

Oh, and this morning when I weighed myself, I was 210. Ask me how I feel now compared to when I topped out at 265! I feel better now in my mid-30s than I ever did in my late 20s!!

9. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I understand completely! Visualization should work instantly!!:eek:

10. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Well now, don't I feel stupid :eek: I didn't read the OP very closely :eek:

Come on over to my house, I will help you turn your visualization into reality :eek:

11. Ali

Ali Approved members

Nicole
    I actually would go in and get a physical. At least get your thyroid checked. I think everyone will lose weight at 1,200 cals a day so something is really off if you have gained weight. :confused:Ali

12. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Me too Sarah:D The mind is willing but the body is weak

13. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Yup. That just about says it all.;)

14. Meghan'smom

Meghan'smom Approved members

Sarah, I have an exercise room and I don't even use it. How sad is that? Here's an idea you come and use it then my husband can't complain it never gets used, you get your workout and I ....well I'm not sure but I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

15. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

My dietician that I see at my D clinic says if you drop down to lower than 1200 calories a day, your body goes into starvation mode and saves up everything it has, even if you're working out too... just a little dietary FYI... ;)

16. lynn

lynn Approved members

Hey, man, I cleared off my treadmill. I dusted it, opened it, learned how to use all of the fancy pre-programmed workouts even. After all that effort I can't seem to put forth the needed effort to actually GET ON.

Maybe tomorrow........
    Or I'll start fresh on Monday?

17. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

The story of my life:rolleyes::eek:

Sarah, yep, good intentions ain't all they're cracked up to be.:rolleyes: That, and money growing on trees...it doesn't happen:(:p