- advertisement -

Reality

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by s0ccerfreak, Jun 10, 2009.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I don't really know what to title this thread as but here it is. Life has been busy the past week or so. I had the public presentation for my senior project last week (and passed). I'll get some pics and such up for you to see soon (check my profile) Graduation was on Friday!! That was such and exciting night. Finally done with high school, looking forward to college and the future. I spent the weekend going from party to party celebrating with my friends and remembering all the good times we had together. Monday I got up like it was any other day until I got a call around 9. My mom called to tell me about a plane crash that had killed a boy and his dad. I had gone to elementary school, middle school, and youth group with this boy and we knew their family quite well. They were coming home from a father-son weekend trip to celebrate his 16th birthday. I still don't know what to think or say. Saturday will be strange and difficult- their funeral is in the morning then I have more grad parties in the afternoon/evening. This accident has made me think a whole lot about life and priorities. Quite a few kids that know him have been quoting Green Day's Time of Your Life "Its something unpredictable but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life." You hear stories on the news about people dying and people tell you -life is short live it to the fullest- but you never really think its going to happen to you or someone you know. I think this has been a wake up call to me and a lot of people that knew them. Every day is a blessing from God and we need to live our lives for Him. That is something this boy and his dad were known for and that is how I want people to remember me. Please pray for the rest of the family: mom and 3 younger kids. Once I get past all of this craziness I should be around more. Thanks for being here for me

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Oh my. I'm so so sorry that this tragedy has happened!! I'll be praying.
    (((hugs)))
    Emily

3. Lance

Lance Approved members

If you learn this lesson now, while you are still young, you will have a full life. We'll be praying for you all. BTW - I love your sig line - always give me a little boost when I see it :D

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I'm sorry to hear this Rae. It really is terrible. :( Life is so precious, and you're right, we do have to live it to the fullest. It's a gift we shouldn't waste. I'm terribly sorry this happened, and I will definitely pray for everyone. :cwds:

On a more positive note, congratulations on graduating, and on passing your project. I'm sure it was fantastic, I know you worked hard on it. I wish you lots of luck on college, Rae. I know you will do great things! :) Here's to another chapter starting! (there are quite a few of us starting this chapter together as well, so we'll be able to support each other through it all)

5. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm really sorry Rae:( That is terrible. I will be thinking and praying for you and your friends and their family.