advertisement

Reaction at Injection Site

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cydnimom, May 30, 2006.

1. cydnimom

cydnimom Approved members

I'm curious to know if anyone else's child has a reaction at the injection site.

It seems like my son reacts to something, not sure what, at his injection site. Its quite clear where the injection was made because there is a red circle around it, about the size of a dime. I don't quite know how long it takes to appear, but it is there when I go to give him his next injection, about 12 hrs later, but then disappears by the following injection, 24 hrs later.

He doesn't complain about it being sore or itchy. I don't get these marks at all. I wonder if its an allergy perhaps or something else.

2. zookpr

zookpr Approved members

My daughter, Lydia, occasionally experiences reactions like these to her injections. It doesn't happen all the time and it goes away on its own. She doesn't complain about them either. Her doctor told us that it is a normal happening and not to worry about it. I know my sister sometimes experienced this as well. Seems strange to me but, she doesn't seem bothered by it.
    :rolleyes:

3. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

I seem to recall Emma having similar red spots around injection sites on occasion. It didn't happen every time, though.
    I would start to worry that it was an infection, but then it would disappear. I have no idea what caused it because it it never became a constant problem.
    If it happens w/ every injection I would definitely ask the doc about it.

4. Pammers

Pammers Approved members

I recently posted about this. Very similar - dime shaped red mark around injection site. Has happened about three times..... I found it will go away on its own but a little bacitracin on it speeded the process.