- advertisement -

Random low??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Arleigh9003, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Arleigh9003

Arleigh9003 Approved members

My son goes to bed at 7pm .. His sugar was 469, to be on the safe side since its high I cleaned his hand again and checked again and it's 444.. So he goes down and in an hour I go in and check again and it's 174, is that weird it went down so much in 1 hour?? So I gave him his bottle 4 oz milk (6 carbs)and I didn't bolus him cs he still has 0.85 iob and in getting uncomfortable with the lower number.. So I go in again at 8:30 an it's 145!!!! Now I'm super uncomfortable.. He seems totally fine mood wise .. But now I feel like I have to go in again in another hour just so I don't give myself a heart attack that he will go to low..
    He is on a small constant basil. But that hasn't effected him in this way ever before .. Could I have over bolused him at 7? But I retested .. I might b having a mini panic attack!
    Here's to NO sleep tonight!
    Yay!

2. LucyAmber

LucyAmber Approved members

1st of all, take a deep breath, then let it out.

You can & will get through this.
    I would check again in another hour, then go from there.
    It is overwhelming if you don't take it one step at a time. Hope all works out!
    I know its probably not much help, but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

3. steph

steph Approved members

i assume you corrected him at 7pm. If so, it is perfectly normal for him to drop that much in an hour. when DD was first diagnosed our nighttime corrections were less than the normal daytime ones. stay calm. he is nowhere near going low at 145 and is perfectly fine.

4. Arleigh9003

Arleigh9003 Approved members

Thank you everyone. I had never bolused him for the bottles.(2 4 oz whole milk)I checked again at 10 pm and he still had iob .30 an his number was 231! That's a number I can sleep with. I was able to fall asleep. Not stay asleep lol but fall asleep no less!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013