- advertisement -

Quick question about raises in BS during the night

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momofphoenix, May 29, 2008.

1. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

First off I want to say HI everyone... I havent been on for ever it seems.
    I hope everyone is doing well.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea why Phoenix's bs would raise during the night.
    Last night at 8:30 he was 178 at 10:30 when I rechecked him (making sure he isnt bottoming out) he was 343 :eek: what the?? I didnt correct him due to the chance of it being a rebound and this am he woke up at 313... I have NO Freakin Idea what is going on...
    Any help would be great!!!

Thanks
    Jessie

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

It could be that there is a chance its time to do a slight increase of the Lantus.

Another explanation could be a high-fat food causing a late spike - that can be as late as 6 hours after eating something high fat (Pizza, Quesadilla, etc)

Good to "see" you - it has been a while

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

We see this during growth spurts and sometimes when an illness is coming on.

Kirsten

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Maybe its time to increase the Lantus a bit..is the Lantus passed 30 days old in the bottle? Or did he eat something high carb/fat like pizza?