- advertisement -

quick question about dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by katerinas, May 23, 2015.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Hi! Transmitter just died and we are putting the NEW one. on the BOX it says manifactured 2014-06 and underneath 2015-02-06. What does the date mean? I leave in Europe so I am not sure which is the month and which is the day. Thanks!

2. KHM

KHM Approved members

Hi Katerinas. The first date represents June, 2014. The second is February 6, 2015. Hope that helps!

3. katerinas

Thanks! It helps though I am not happy about it! It means that it started working on February and that it will last less than six months!

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

the transmitter does not start using its battery until it is taken out of the box, there is a magnet in there that keeps it off, then when removed the battery turns on.

5. katerinas

Actually they told me, that it does start to use some power when the date expires.

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

I would ask for clarification because that doesn't make sense to me.

On the other hand, I don't know of any battery that doesn't loose charge over time even when not in use.

7. katerinas

This is what they told me "Ofcourse you can order a NEW one right now but please be aware of the so called 'start before date'. Even if you won't start the NEW Transmitter and leave the NEW one on its magnetinthe BOX, the battery will start operating at the given date"

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Well the supplied stockk battery is just that, I assume that the battery in the box will run out and once out it switches the transmitter on. They are powerful little batteries, I remove them from the box and we use and play with them.

Last edited: May 28, 2015